• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
commievid

Baker Bm Silicone Hose Diameters, For Mikalor Clamps?

commievid

Hi all,

This is for a GTI-6 converted 205.

Have just topped up 1.5l of coolant into my expansion tank after the low light came on.

This is turning into an annual event.

So had a quick gander for any signs of leaks. Looks like pink flecks are visible around the thermostat housing, some pink bits near the heater matrix firewall bit, and some around the thermostat housing itself.

Earlier in the year I replaced the thermostat as the seal on that had split, causing a slow leak. I think it's now time to consider the pipes to be replaced, so am planning possible options.

I've noticed the most signs of possible leaking behind the thermostat housing, where it looks attached to a metal 3 way union which then goes to the heater matrix (top one I think) and then to the bottom of the expansion tank.

Is there a rubber pipe that I could order that does without the union? Replacing that might help a lot and would be the cheapest of the options, i.e. just sticking to rubber. I could just replace the rubber pipes like for like I guess.

However, I could just do the whole hog and get a set of silicone ones from BakerBM and then top it off with Mikalor clamps.

If I do that, what clamp sizes are they? The clamps have a smaller range of diameters, so don't want to be waiting for hoses before I size up the clamps if possible.

Apologies for the long post, and many thanks!

welshpug

there arent any direct fit rubber pipes for a gti6 conversion, they will all need to be adapted in some way.

however as you know the baker bm kit does away with any non standard additions like tee pieces, stew can also supply a kit of clips.