• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stumpyjag

Vaccume Advance

stumpyjag

Hi all,

I have looked through the forum but any advice on replacing a vacuume advance unit seems quite old. I wondered if any one has replaced one recently. How much was it (I dare to think) and from where, can't see them on Gsf,Ecp etc. Also has anyone had one refurbished recently.

I know some people say they make no difference but I would like to get it going if possible.

Thanks again

Anthony

It does make a noticeable different to MPG if nothing else - think I gained around 4 mpg after replacing a failed unit.

H&H are able to refurbish them quite cheaply, around £20 plus postage if I remember.

farmer

1.9 gti one's retitled at about 38 quid.

1.6 gti was about 25 quid.

H&H will be best bet.

stumpyjag

As usual spot on information and they are on my area at work so I can pop and see them.

Thanks again.

hoodygoodwood

I can recommend H+H , if you have the dizzy refurbished by them you get a new rotor arm , cap and the vacuum advance so its worth looking into this option . The distributor will come back looking like a brand new item . I believe the shaft seal is replaced too which will help stop oil finding its way into the internals .

stumpyjag

How much did they charge for the full refurb. Thanks

hoodygoodwood

Earlier this year I had my 309 GTI dizzy refurbed by H+H , it cost £115 including P+P and VAT .

New distributors are around the £500 mark and when you get yours back from H+H it would pass for new .

stumpyjag

Brilliant, thanks.