• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sorrento313

Drivers' Cars: 205 Gti 1.9 (1990) By Sorrento313

Sorrento313

Name: 205 GTI 1.9 (1990)

Date Added: 09 November 2014 - 11:07 AM

Owner: Sorrento313

Short Description: My old Sorrento for years ago which I sold to someone on this group and have spent ages trying to track down. I know now that it was scrapped.

View Vehicle

jackherer

This was the first 205 I owned, Chris sold it to me nearly 15 years ago. I took it to not far off the 200k mark and modified/upgraded pretty much every aspect of it before I re-shelled it in 2005 or 6 maybe. It was scrapped but literally everything useful was kept. I don't remember what happened with most of its parts but I do remember the gearbox going into Phyr's 205 turbo (a name that only a few longer term members will remember as this happened years before I scrapped it), the full leather seats now belong to Anthony (also sold before I scrapped it) and the grey carpeted door cards are with Graham (I sold these only a few months ago). I've lost track now but some parts will be fitted to my current 205 even.

A few weeks ago I listed the grille on ebay, it still had the nineties Peugeot Sport sticker that is in the above photos so it was fairly distinctive and I got a message asking if I still had the car which turned out to be from Chris who had recognised a single part from a car he had sold me fifteen years earlier! I had to tell him the car no longer exists which is a shame but he does at least now have the grille and I got him to register on here :)

cybernck

Wow, amazing story (apart from the car's ending obviously)! B)

Is the grille going on the new Sorrento, Chris?

Sorrento313

The grille is on the new Sorrento and I will add some photos once I get chance to wash it and the rain stops for a while!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this