• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rich_p

Wheel Colour

Rich_p

I am going to get a set of 15” Speedlines powder coated.

They will be going on my white(ish) 309 which will have standard grey bumpers with no inserts fitted in place of the white ones it currently has. It doesn’t look particularly standard as it is running poly windows and bonnet pins and brake ducts etc.

The cage is black and the seats and harnesses are blue.

I fancy something other than silver and I already have a set of white wheels. I’m bored of seeing black & anthracite wheels.

I’m thinking blue (ral colour 5002) or maybe some sort of light grey for a change.

Any other ideas?

Anthony

I'm not personally convinced that completely blue 1.9 wheels is going to work, but these things are always in the eye of the beholder.

I know you mention being bored of anthracite wheels, but what about Goodwood style but with a coloured lip instead of the usual silver/cut lip? A blue lip would probably work well enough with the blue interior, but without looking OTT. Clearly that would need to be done post powder coating though.

GLPoomobile

A fad I've seen recently - how about some nice purple in a sort of tufty velvet finish?

2052NV

i like the way my wheels are painted :) excuse the mud :ph34r:

IMG_03842.jpg

pugdamo

Stand out from the crowd,a bright green

S@m

I painted mine BMW Sepang bronze with a polished lip as you can just about see in my picture.

Plenty of people said they didn't like them and plenty of my friends asked why i'd smeared copper grease all over my wheels - but i liked it and that is what matters.

Rich_p

bronze if different.

I want solid colour wheels though, I don't want polished or different coloured lips.

Anthony

Solid orange in the style of a Porsche GT3 would probably work well on a white trackday 309 if you want something a bit different.

I guess a bright-ish blue might work for the same reasons if you want the wheels and seats to clash.

You got a decent picture of the car that someone can Photoshop some different coloured wheels on?

S@m

I'd never do a polished lip again, loads of work in the firstplace and loads of work to maintain well. Solid for me next time.

dcc

I want a set of candy purple wheels.