• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ALEX

1.6 Cti Supposed To Have Black Injectors 280 150 200

ALEX

My eys are bad, I'll have to double check that number 280 250 200.

The injectors were sent off for cleaning and I'm wondering if they've been mixed up as I thought all 1.6 xu 8 valves had blue injectors.

Im in the process of tuning the engine and its drinking fuel.

The Afm spring tension had to be tightened to pass emmisions for the MOT as the adjuster screw only brought it down to 8% when fully out.

Now the engine pinks and the fan comes on quite often(Though no warning lights come on and temp guages look normal), Im guessing the engine is running too lean when under load.

It feels a bit down on power, but ive never owned a 1.6 before.

It also has the smaller 38 dia inlets, does this suggest its the slower 105 bhp engine?

The Ctis seemed to lag behind the gtis in revisions and upgrades as they were made in a different factory

Slo

1.6 are blue yes so you have the wrong ones if they are black. There are two types for the 1.9's on servicebox, it doesnt mention colour but i doubt you have 1.9's, they are more likely at least 2 litre injectors and possibly not from a peugeot engine either. My 2.0 turbo ones are white.

S@m

I thought the black ones were from 2.0 8v 405's/306's and such, years ago you'd often see them listed as "Grp A" or "Grp N" on ebay for 1.9 8v's and mi16's, if i recall they just cause overfuelling when paired with standard management as any higher flow rate injector would

The part number you've quoted seems to be slightly out, i believe it to be 0280150209.

Having checked the bosch catalogue, they do have a significantly higher flowrate than the correct 1.6 blue injectors which are part number 0280150211.

Edited by S@m

S@m

One more point i will add is whilst i was on the bosch catalogue, i did check out your part number 0280150200, and they too are black injectors but with a flowrate that is roughly double the 1.6 blue ones! So even more drastic overfuelling!

Miles

Black ones are on the 105bhp 1.9's too, 2.5 bar pressure Reg thou

ALEX

Yeah I read that on a link to injector numbers on this forum somewhere, The number on mine does end with 200 but I need to find a magnifying glass to be sure.

The regulator has been changed as the original was ruined when I had the rail plated, so the pressure could be wrong and would explain theover fueling problem.

Though I thought regulators were all the same as I don't remember seeing a part number on them?

I have an old Chav FSA power boost valve I could use, but I think it needs new seals as it leaked last time it tried it many years ago on my Gti.

ALEX

Black ones are on the 105bhp 1.9's too, 2.5 bar pressure Reg thou

They did a 105 Bhp 1.9?

Is that the later one with the Cat?

Anthony

That's the one fitted to the late 1.9 CTi's and the export JDM spec GTi Autos (amongst others)

Your 1.6 CTi should have a 3 bar regulator, same as 1.6 and 1.9 GTI's.

ALEX

I need time to increse the AFM mixture and test run it, as I assume the MOT garage has tightened up the AFM spring much more than is needed to pass emmisions.

Whats the max CO HC % I can have at tickover to pass an MOT for a non cat F plate? I think its either 3.5 or 2.5.

Any one with an old Cti (F plate) on here with black injectors and the code ending with 200?

Anthony

3.5% CO and 1200ppm HC is the MOT limit for a non-CAT.

You should be well under that though - something around 1% CO and 300ppm HC ballpark is what I'd expect.

Weser

I have a F reg old 1.6 cti and I don't think it has Black Injectors. If I get home tonight at a decent time I can check.

I agree with Anthony I set mine up at 1%CO and about 300 HC and it runs well,

S@m

I've attached a comparison of the various injectors that i've taken from the bosch website.

You can see the various part numbers but just for clarity; the first is the black injector from a 2.0 8v that i suspected it to be(200), the second is the blue injector typically from a 1.6 gti(211), and finally the third one is the injector that is black and of unknown origin in the topic title(209).

post-13709-0-89928100-1413378330_thumb.jpg

As you can see the 209 has a flowrate far in excess of the other two, but curiously its part number is listed as an "independent aftermarket part" for the 200. So, i'd recommend you check the resistance of what you have with a multimeter to figure out exactly which it is since the catalogue itself is a little mixed up.

Edited by S@m
  • Like 1

ALEX

I've read the Haynes workshop manual just about cover to cover.

Chapter 13 section 5 suggest that all 1.6 Cti's have the orginal XU5J engine with 104 bhp unlike the 1.6 Gtis where they were all XU5JA 113 bhp after 1986.

The differences between them include higher lift camshaft 10.4mm (early) or 9.7mm (later) for xu5j (not sure why they reduced the lift, maybe someone can fill me in?) to 11.5mm for the xu5ja.

Also the inlet valves increased in diameter from 40mm to 41.6mm. (edit my initial post saying I had 38mm inlets makes me think i measuered them wrong, but they are definatley the smaller ones)

other differences include uprated liners, conrods, valve springs, and shaped piston crowns (I'm assuming its the ones with the Dist arrow). It's supprising how much work gose into an engine to gain an extra 9 bhp!.

Why didn't Peugeot just fit an K and N induction kit as standard for an extra 15 Bhp is beyond me. :wacko::P .

Though as detailed Haynes is, it doesn't cover the injectors at all and doesn't suggest the pressure regulator has ever been revised from 2.9 - 3.1 bar, that it provides.

Anthony is providing me some blue injectors to try (Thanks again Antony) ;) to replace the black ones to see if I can achieve a reasonble CO reading at idle at the stock AFM spring tension setting.

The AFM is now about 5 clicks from the point i marked it from stock (I broke the original seal on the AFM). the MOT station had it about 9 of 10 clicks away and was reading 0% on my gastester.

the reading at idle is now 3.5% (5 clicks) with the mixture screw out untill it has no effect.

The idle is fine but pinks underload and the fan is always comming on.

Edited by ALEX