• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ATK

Cooling Fan Resistor 3 Pin/plug Is 2 Pin?

mrfirepro

Alex,

The fan resistor is still available from Puegeot, part number 126712, I think it's about £25.

• Like 1

yorkshirekowboy

I might order a spare as I've disconnected mine

Edited by surferkid205

Henry Yorke

I'm guessing the standard twin fan set up has no need for this resistor then as I haven't seen one on my 1FM, but I remember seeing one on my single fan CTI

welshpug

indeed Henry, they alternate from series to parallel to get the different speeds, both fans work simultaneously.

• Like 1

yorkshirekowboy

I've disconnected mine as it kept keeping my fan on after the engine was off. It got crazy crazy hot it burnt my skin. Thinking it must have failed, I have a manual switched fan aswell so no worries.

welshpug

it wasnt the resistor at fault, IF there was a fault it was the thermoswitch.

manual switch is just an unnecessary bodge.

yorkshirekowboy

Ok how is it a bodge? I have a second fan wired to a manual switch, If the engine is off, the the speed resistor for the fan is engaged,I can't see how it's the radiator thermoswitch?

Edited by surferkid205

dobboy

When I took my front bumper off it was clipped to the front panel under the headlight with a very rusty original looking clip. I assumed it was original but maybe not.

Thats where mines was too.

welshpug

Thats where mines was too.

nope, headlamp dim dip resistor

welshpug

Ok how is it a bodge? I have a second fan wired to a manual switch, If the engine is off, the the speed resistor for the fan is engaged,I can't see how it's the radiator thermoswitch?

deary me, please go and find a wiring diagram before you set fire to your car, because you obviously dont understand electrical systems yet.

Edited by welshpug

dobboy

nope, headlamp dim dip resistor

Yeah your right it was.

yorkshirekowboy

deary me, please go and find a wiring diagram before you set fire to your car, because you obviously dont understand electrical systems yet.

How can you say I don't understand electrical systems etc as you don't even know how my second fan is wired up? It's wired via a relay etc so that is fine. Regarding my issue with the resistor I sort of see your point with maybe the thermoswitch is at fault, but the car has had its first outing in over 4 years and a small issue like that is pretty good I say. So for now as I was saying I have disconnected that fan resister , left the connector on the sensor on the radiator and I'll get a new rad sensor when it gets warmer and the car is due for a coolant flush. That can't cause a fire?