• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ALEX

Help With Distributor, Ecu And Afm Codes.

ALEX

Help with distributor, ECU and AFM codes.

I have :-

Dist: 0237 009 063

ECU: 280 000 340

AFM 280 202 056

Injectors: Blue

Block Code: unknown as the original block didn’t have a code stamped on it and the little plate had rusted off.

Is this the correct set up for a 1.6 XU CTI on an F plate?

My only concern is the Valves measured 38mm Dia inlets not 41mm, does this determine my engine as a 180A (early engine 105bhp)

Could this explain the over fuelling issue I’m having? Maybe the head was swapped at some point?

The car has passed the emissions test, only by adjusting the spring tension on the AFM. But it still stinks of Fuel enough to make your eyes sting.

The Distributor looks as if it’s been messed with as the slots for advancing it have been ground out on one end.

The AFM was given to me with the car (same code as original) as the original one was almost rusted solid. I had to break the seal on the replacement AFM to adjust the spring, so I assume it was un-messed with. (I’ve marked the original position)

ALEX

Right a bit of searching and it looks like the set up is fine.

It looks like I could use 237 009 086 distributor or 0986 237 136.

As my distributor has a broken slot that bolts it to the head I may as well start by replacing it so I've put a wanted add up.

I'm not convinced it's going to cure the over fuling so I may need another AFM to try next.

Weser

Have you checked the resistance values on the coolant temp sensor?

When you adjusted the spring on the AFM did you use a gas analyser and get it set to the correct values - HC, CO etc?

ALEX

Have you checked the resistance values on the coolant temp sensor?

When you adjusted the spring on the AFM did you use a gas analyser and get it set to the correct values - HC, CO etc?

Yes CTC working fine.

The AFM wouldn't adjust on the screw so I had to move it the spring tension to get it with in limits using my Gunson Tas tester.

The garage when it went in for its MOT had to do the same.

Weser

I had to do the same to the AFM when I got my cti. I set it so once warm on idle I had the gas analyser values as they should be according to a data book I had. It has been spot on ever since and returns a healthy MPG. I might of been lucky though.