• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sy84

Auto-Sprint Cams Vs Peter T

sy84

Hi there which are the better cams to go for? Iv for a stage two peter t ready to go in my mi16 but heard the auto sprint make more power,will be running twin 45 carbs to

petert

That's like how long is a piece of string. What are the specs of the autosprint cams. I don't mind either way. You just need to be properly informed of the differences.

sy84

Mi16 - 16-Valve - Fast Road - Hydraulic - 262° & 276° (per pair) £175.00 £520.00

Mi16 - 16-Valve - Competition - Solid Profile with Lifter Convertors and shim kit - 284° & 304° (per pair) was looking at these do I need any other mods to fit solid lifters ?

petert

There's no real specs for either cams on their website. You really need to have the duration at either 1mm or better still, 0.050" lift, to make valid comparisons between camshafts. Given their hydraulic cams are also available as a regrind, it's impossible to have any more total lift than my Stage II regrind.

Solid cams are totally different ball game. Again, you can't compare my Stage II hydraulic regrind to any of their solid profiles. A solid cam is actually slightly smaller than a hydraulic cam of the same duration. I have many solid profiles if you're interested. You will need solid lifters and considerable labour cost, to set up the solid cams.

Contact them and ask for the following information:

duration @ 0.050"

total lift

recommended lobe centre angles

they have already provided the advertised durations(s) eg 262° & 276°

welshpug

you'll need more compression, i.e forged pistons and rods.

sy84

Don't want to end up with to much cost so may aswell stick to hydraulic set up( forged piston ect is gona cost me loads) will I gain a lot useing one of your exhaust cams along side the inlet can I'm useing already peter

welshpug

probably gain more fitting a set of bodies and a satchel manifold and having it mapped properly.

• Like 1

sy84

Yea boddies are Defo on the list just can not afford them rite now

So gone with carbs and re-curved dizzy until have the funds for proper boddie set up

sy84

Would boddies be much different power wise compared to carbs with proper management

petert

Total power, probably not much different. The torque and mid range won't be as good however. If spending the time and expense in changing the inlet, you're mad not to change the exhaust as well. Any wear in the lobes & lifters can be repaired, regardless of grind you choose. I'd recommend using a slightly smaller exhaust cam, just like Autosprint suggests. I'd use Stage I -16H426B. This will unleash more top end power.

unariciflocos

They can be, but it strongly depends on who's doing the mapping/adjustment of both set-ups. 3d mappable injection has the potential to give a much fuller power curve, I.e more area under the graph, better performance at all revs, even if peak power will be the same.

Edit: Apparently Peter posted at the same time as I did, so .. just listen to him, he's the expert :).

Edited by unariciflocos

wicked

If you already have the stage2 cams, don't spend more on cams and save it for proper managemenr and bodies afterwards. That will complete the package and make you happy at the end of the day.

sy84

Wicked I only have one of peters inlet cams atmo, think I will do as he said upgrade the exhaust cam,I have a recurved dizzy which will do for now,I may just get a 3d mappable igniton set in the near future as don't realy have the money to pay out for full boddie set up

petert

As you've already got the inlet, I'll do you a special deal for an exhaust cam.

I read recently where someone said my regrinds were too expensive now. Strange, as they've never changed price since I started doing them in 2007.

sy84

How much for the exhaust peter? Pls pm me :)

kyepan

mine made just shy of 200 on a stage 2 cam and bodies.

Lots of torque though.

sy84

Was that just a inlet cam? Standard exhaust cam

Was that just a inlet cam? Standard exhaust cam

Anthony

Kyepan's is running St2 inlet and St1 exhaust on 'bodies.

Goes very well, pulls strongly right to the limiter yet has a broad spread of torque across the rev range :)

ftoomsh

Peter's st2 cam was the cheapest i could find. And that included being stung for the vat too!!

Roon

I have both stage 1's great Cams