• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
aarontrophy

1.9 Standard Camshaft Is There Different Ones?

aarontrophy

Hi guys

I understand there are 3 types of 1.9 engine to be found in the 205 gti's

DB6 = 128hp @ 6000rpm and 119lbft @ 4000rpm

D6E = 128hp @ 6000rpm and 122lbft @ 3250rpm

DKZ = 122hp @ 6000rpm and 113lbft @ 3000rpm

If this is correct is there any difference in the camshafts?

Anthony

D6E was never in a 205 - that's a ZX Volcane 1.9 engine, and is basically a DKZ engine with a D6B camshaft (and Motronic MP3.1 management)

D6B (205 1.9 GTi non-CAT with Jetronic management) and D6E (ZX Volcane 1.9) share the same camshaft, and DKZ (205 1.9 GTi CAT engine with Motronic 1.3 management) has a different camshaft with less overlap from memory, hence the turbo boys wanting them.

DFZ is the other 205 1.9 engine that's found in the 105hp engine (Gentry's and Jap autos) and has an even milder cam AFAIK.

petert

This is a very good question to which I've never really got the full answer. The three 1.9L GTi cams are indeed D6B, DKZ and DFZ. We only got the DKZ and DFZ in Australia, so I've never measured a D6B cam. The DKZ cam, from what I can gather, has the same inlet lobe as the D6B (226 deg @ 0.050" and 0.445" lift), but a smaller exhaust lobe and less overlap, as Anthony said. The DFZ cam has identical lobes, 219 deg @ 0.050" and 0.405" full lift.