• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mrfirepro

Engine Machine Shop, London And South East

mrfirepro

Looking for another engine machine shop to do skimming, pressure tests, cranks, balancing, piston builds and cleaning & preping.

Can anyone recommend anyone they have used, the look of the final product is important to me.

Thanks

Miles

for balancing http://vibrationfree.co.uk/ is pretty much the best in the Europe and will have much better results than the normal engineering company, Machine work Sutton Rebore are good and have been around as long as my Dad, LOL a long time

mrfirepro

thanks guy's, that's a good list.

shalmaneser

I found Board Bros by Clapham Junction were pretty good when I got my head skimmed and rebuilt if you need somewhere in London!

GilesW

for balancing http://vibrationfree.co.uk/ is pretty much the best in the Europe and will have much better results than the normal engineering company, Machine work Sutton Rebore are good and have been around as long as my Dad, LOL a long time

Absolutely agree.

Steve is the best (and just round the corner from Helix if you need a clutch too).

Not the cheapest but certainly the best.

Sutton Rebore do SBD's engines and are excellent too.

Both did my vauxhall engine and I wouldn't hesitate to go back for my XU engine.

mrfirepro

Modus Engine Services in Tunbridge Wells had my engine, but I decided to take it back after appalling customer service, if anyone was thinking of using them I would steer clear.

Edited by mrfirepro

2-Pugs

Might be a little but far away from you but I have used Roe Engineering in Fleet for head skims and rebuilds. Can't comment on other engine work but the guy is proper old school and has always done a good job for me.

MikeC

Can vouch for these too, have done cnc spindle assemblies for the company i work for.

mrfirepro

As the car is going to be a standard road going car would it be worthwhile getting the rotating mass balanced as it's nearly £400, not really sure about the benefits for a normal road car.....

GilesW

As the car is going to be a standard road going car would it be worthwhile getting the rotating mass balanced as it's nearly £400, not really sure about the benefits for a normal road car.....

None.

They were 'balanced' enough out the factory that if you are running a complete OE engine and predominately on the road then I wouldn't bother balancing it at all - the OE standards will be fine.

'Proper' balancing is really only of worthwhile benefit if you are upping revs and/or sustaining high revs - which you won't be.

Spend your £400 elsewhere on the car.