• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tjalde^

Increase Displacement With Crankshaft

Tjalde^

Hello.

I read somewhere that it is possible to increase the displacement on the XU9JA to about 2000 ccm by replacing the crankshaft with one from a turbodiesel. It did not mention which engine the crankshaft should be found in.

Is this correct? If, which engine should I be looking for to get a crankshaft? And what about rods?

dcc

Many years ago this was first discussed. Since then it has been discussed many various times... If only there was some way to 'Search' for the exact query you have. Not much more sense than that from me sorry, limited knowledge.

• Like 2

Anthony

I suspect what you're refering to is the 92mm crank from an XUD11 (2.1 diesel) engine, which gives 1991cc.

Rods would likely need to be custom and I've no idea whether there are any fitment issues with the XUD11 crank inside an XU9 alloy block - the only builds I can think of using one were into XU10 iron blocks.

Tjalde^

It does not seem to be worth the efford then. If there is not any experience with the project. I can not find any threads neither.

I know many will suggest using a Mi16 engine if I want a bit more power but it looks like the car will fail MOT in Denmark if I upgrade the whole engine. I guess I have to stick with a top from a 306 XSi and some other camshafts.

welshpug

Stick wuth the xu9 head and use 1.6 pistons, add 300 degree cam and throttle bodies, 170+bhp.

Stu

Was that a build someone put together Mei? Be interested to see the engine.. i take it it used a stock XU9 head/block with a 92mm crank? 1600 pistons and liners?

welshpug

No, just a standard 8v 1.9 crank in DCC's 205, about 160lbft too.

Tjalde^

Which throttle bodies should I buy? Is Envy the preferred? They are just pretty expensive.

Stu

Cant find his thread, any idea what the spec of the rest of it was?

Sorry to crash, but it is kind of relevant :)

welshpug

300deg newman cam, double valve springs, thats it, cheap and very simple, and very light.

petert

Given you can't fit an XU10 crank into an XU9 block, I doubt you'd fit anything else.

petert

Which bit fouls pete?

:)

Thrust faces.

wicked

Given you can't fit an XU10 crank into an XU9 block, I doubt you'd fit anything else.

Doesn't make sense to do that in this case, as you reduce the stroke from 88mm to 86mm.

Edited by wicked