• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Wod

Xu10J2Te Blowing When Cold

Wod

If I was to change the gaskets for the turbo and the manifold to head do I have to remove the engine or should there be enough clearance. Seems stupid taking the engine out to inspect a possible pin hole or crack I cant see at the moment :-/

Cheers

Slo

When I had my turbo engine in my 605 I had to do this with it in situ. It was extremely cramped and awkward. The 605 had a lot more room between the turbo and bulkhead than the 205 too so I would say it would be impossible

However! All is not lost as when I did my turbo conversion, because the exhaust is so vital to get right as its the most difficult to fabricate, I did it first and with the engine in situ.

If you disconnect the top engine mount arm completely and loosen the rear mount bolt, with the help of a trolley jack the lump will tilt over quite far (if you remove everything in between it and the rad) giving you ample room to do this however I would reccomend you remove the bottom manifold nuts and turbo mounts first.

pugdamo

I did my manifold to head gasket recently,as slo said,top engine mount off,remove the bolt for the lower engine mount and tip the engine forward on a trolley jack,there was just enough room,also removed the turbo oil feed pipe and top coolant pipe on the turbo,there is also a bracket between the turbo and engine block.I didnt remove the radiator but mine is a 309 so a bit more room at the front for me.