• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dt_

What Do You Reckon To This?

dt_

Hi all

Noticed there was a few scabs of surface rust on the inner wing, but had a poke about this afternoon and developed a few holes. It's coming away from the wing, and there's a big hole near the engine mount (engine mount is solid). What's the best option for this?

Ill also mention the car seems so leak oil from the head gasket down the back of the block, and both crankshaft oil seals. The sills are a bit scabby, there is some more underneath the fuel tank and the boot floor is sound but a bit rusty underneath. Debating whether start looking for a new one or pour some money into her. It's an n/a diesel 3 door with 145k.

After a bit of encouragement or advice. Pics attached

image_zpse41b8709.jpg

image_zpsc717705f.jpg

dt_

Yeah, not too fussed about the engine stuff, just not sure if it will pass an mot like that. If it will then ill get saving for a repair. Considering having a 306 engine fitted, heard its not too difficult...

boldy205

Yes in needs fixing, but id just put t through an MOT, and see what it needs to pass.

Matt

dt_

Hi Matt, the MOT isn't till Christmas, but agree it needs fixing, not least because water will splash onto the back of the headlight and potentially the alternator. I've kurusted it all for now to stop it advancing too much before I can get time to get it repaired. 99% sure the other wing is just as bad aswell so will get both sides done. Had another look, the boot floor is solid but scabby, and so are the sills so I think I can save them

Anyone here swapped out the xud7 for an xud9t in a 205? Have looked at the engine and there is no loom/ecu to worry about so in theory could be quite easy?