• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hoodygoodwood

Eibach 205 309 Lowering Heights

hoodygoodwood

Have searched the forums on this and have not got quite the answer I am after so I am hoping someone can help .I am rebuilding a 309 GTi completely and will be replacing the suspension to get it handling nicely , I want it a little lower than your normal front lowering springs - 20 to 30 mm so was going to get a set of Gaz coilovers solely so I can get the front height exactly as I want it which would be around - 40 mm .I have never used Eibach but I am aware of their excellent reputation .The ads say 309 GTI Eibach springs E7005-120 lower about 30mm , 205 GTI Eibach are E7001-120 and also lower 30mm approx. . The front suspension on the 2 cars is very similar so the difference I assume is to do with the increased weight of the 309 .I will be fitting new front and rear Bilsteins at the same time .The car will be for road use .

So

1. has anyone lowered a 309 GTI with Eibach springs - what was the actual amount lowered ?

2. has anyone used the E7001-120 Eibach on a 309 and were they any lower .

PS I do not really want to just cut down the springs I have and would like to avoid them dislocating from the spring cups .

Thanks