• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Ron_Jaegers

Project "peugeot 375"

Reebmit

Looking good some nice work there, look forward to seeing the end result....

Ron_Jaegers
The ISIS power management system has arrived!

Box with goodies.

Foto-3TSWBJV4-D.jpg

A MasterCell and a PowerCell with a two-euro coin for size reference (not so relevant on this forum, I know :)). The two euro depicted there is also all the money I have left after buying all this fancy stuff.

Foto-ZLSVFDTB-D.jpg

All package contents spread out.

Foto-EON8QRHQ-D.jpg

The units themselves are pretty large, but luckily very light. The PowerCells are a bit heavier because of the (passive) cooling of the MOSFETs. The MasterCell weighs next to nothing.

Globally determining the position of the PowerCell's. The front one I will hide under the scutle panel. This gives me two nice exits on either side of the car. This position also makes it easier to provide power to the heated windscreen and to the dashboard on the inside of the car.

Foto-MWIBPTQ8-D.jpg

Next up the cabling on the inside, what you see is what you get in this picture. This is (almost) everything necessary to wire up all electrical circuits in the car. The rear PowerCell will be placed near the location where normally the passenger seat-belt bolts to the chassis (opposite to where it is shown on the following picture since it is a LHD car). The MasterCell will be fixed where it is shown, all the way towards the back of the exhaust tunnel. This way I can easily wire in the buttons to a panel that will be at the location normally the hand-brake assemby resides. This should allow me to controll all electrics when strapped in my seat.

Foto-BHESEUJJ-D.jpg

Loom-to-be...

Foto-F8XXOJIR-D.jpg

Because I have glass-fibre doors I need to cut about 10 cm from my lexan windows, so mocking up with cardboard to determine the right size.

Foto-6S8A78RX-D.jpg

The cat is "helping".

Foto-PIMPKWEJ-D.jpg

Tonight will continue making the windows the right size.

• Like 2

Ron_Jaegers
Spent some time on the car again during the week-end. Trying to shorten the to-do list.

Installing the Satchshift...

Foto-6TF7QZET-D.jpg

Testing the seating position and trying out if everything is within reach.

Foto-FZGTVIX7-D.jpg

Lastly a mock-up of the console that is going to house the buttons, since I can not reach the normal dashboard position when fully strapped in I will re-locate the buttons to the position of the original handbrake. Like so:

Foto-UXEFRATC-D.jpg

Kane

Liking the idea with the centre console. Looking great, keep up the good work!

Ron_Jaegers
Got the electric system up-and-running yesterday! It's very preliminary but it works, following a short description of what I did:

First up; creating battery cables. Stripping back the wire and inserting it into the connector such that the connector is filled and a minimum of copper is exposed.

Foto-FG3HGVR6-D.jpg

Created the crimps with this tool.

Foto-6SOAIKRL-D.jpg

Which looks like this.

Foto-Z7VHAM86-D.jpg

Afterwards applying glue lined shrink-tube with the heat gun until the glue comes out. This creates a water-tight seal that will hopefully prevent corrosion.

Foto-GCS3Z8TT-D.jpg

Last step is adding rubber boots over the exposed connectors.

Foto-CSNK4C3P-D.jpg

All the above mounted to the car looks like this. Also note the Cartek battery isolator.

Foto-KTXIG3GO-D.jpg

Repeat for positive side and presto, we have a circuit.

Foto-COEOIE3K-D.jpg

Pretty happy with the results. I also got the ISIS (or InfinityBox as it is called now) system to come to life, but will post about that later.

pip470

The doors look like good copies and also a good fit especially around the top of the door. Where are they from? Loving the project by the way.

Ron_Jaegers

The four fuses protect the main wiring that provides power to the front and back power distribution modules.

All the GRP stuff is quite good! It's from "those French guys" at MC Racing. A b*tch to do buisiness with if your French is so-so, but they provide quality goods.

Ron_Jaegers

Given myself a birthday present for my 30th birthday.

dash2_pro_gopro_system.jpg
Hopefully will arrive soon so I can wire it up together with the ISIS system. Now only the VEMS ECU must be bought to complete the entire electrical side of things.
  • Like 1

SwedishBob

Globally determing the position of the battery (thanks to SwedishBob for the inspiration).

No problem. :)

Had totally missed this project. Really like it!

Ron_Jaegers

After some life-changing-events; couple of kids, (moving)homes, (changing)work, a break-in where they nicked most of my more expensive 205 stuff, I have finally found time and renewed energy to start working on this car again. It is now inside my heated garage inside of my house, so working on it for 30 min. is possible. So while it's not going at top-speed, stuff is moving again! Yay!

My most recent achievement was re-wiring the back of the car, namely the light-clusters, washer bottle (that is servicing the front wipers) and the fuel-pump.

Mounted the rear PDU.

360.jpg

Mounted the battery and the main +12v fuses along with the solid-state kill-switch.

360.jpg

The +12v firewall gubbin was a bit too small for the hole it needed to fit (that's what she said), so I printed a small adapter.

360.jpg

That now goes from here.

360.jpg

To here.

360.jpg

Making up a new loom for the backside.

360.jpg

360.jpg

Almost done.

360.jpg

Up- and onwards!

• Like 3

Ron_Jaegers

At the moment I am busy building a center-console button panel. Since I have no stalks around the steering wheel anymore, only a couple of buttons on the steering wheel. And since I plan on leaving the complete dash out, I needed a suitable place to mount some buttons.

Printing the front panel.

360.jpg

Something like that.

360.jpg

Position(ed) in the car.

360.jpg

All buttons have an individually addressable multi-color LED onboard, and the microcontroller servicing this panel is connected to the CAN bus. So it can directly switch the loads. The plan is to have them on dim white after the ignition is on. And depending on the function of the button light them up an appropriate color.

360.jpg

Still need to do some wiring and print the surround of the box.

To be continued.

• Like 1

cybernck

Wow! Can we get an update please?

Ron_Jaegers

Will do an update soon. In the meanwhile life happened (again).

Nice to see you drop by here Nikica. Its a lot more quiet here than a couple of years ago. I believe most relevant content has moved to social media these days. Which is unfortunate for me since I have no presence there.

• Like 1

Thijs_Rallye
11 hours ago, Ron_Jaegers said:

Which is unfortunate for me since I have no presence there.

You aren't missing out tbh. Facebook is utter sh*te compared to a forum, expect to see the same questions a thousand times over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ron_Jaegers

Hi Thijs! Nice to see somebody from around the block.

It’s too bad for the forums. But good to see some people still pass by here once in a while. The Dutch forums are pretty much dead.

Anyway I am doing some work on the 306 at the moment. That needs doing before I can continue on the 205.

Thijs_Rallye
20 hours ago, Ron_Jaegers said:

The Dutch forums are pretty much dead. 

Yep. Quite a shame really. I still check it from time to time, but the glory days have long been past.

wicked

I think that is valid for many forums nowadays...    I think this forum is still relevant as it contains some much good info, which you won't find on social media. 

Good to hear that you picked up the spanners again Ron! Looking forward to the end result of your car!

/Rolf