• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
acox99

Lazer Green 1.6 Rolling Resto & Recommision

acox99

So today was another big milestone, armed with a box of goodies from BBM I set about fitting pipes and gear linkages. The quality of the rubber hoses is great and give it the OE finish I was after. I'm not very good at taking pictures so no pictures if my box of bits.

I brought a new right hand driveshaft, as the original was starting to show signs of wear. And it was easier to paint. I replaced the left driveshaft shortly before it came off the road.

Driveshafts in, torqued and peened hub nuts, filled the gearbox, filled the cooling system. No leaks which is good, 20 litres of fresh fuel, turned the key and it spluttered into life and idled perfectly. Ran up to temperature to test fan. Nothing like the smell of new paint curing and oil burning off. So on went to air filter and trunking and the strut brace that I colour coded. Much better than the original red.

So the list of jobs is getting smaller, bleed brakes, change oil and filter, change hub nuts on the rear refit front bumper.

I have realised that I'm not going to make breakfast club now. It's a lot of work for not much gain. I want to leave the interior out and get a paintless dent removal bloke to try and remove lots of small dents.

78E6C522-6C63-4EFE-ACCE-E54CAECFF9B3_zps