• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
axnutty

Drivers Side Front Amber Indicators - Where To Buy?

axnutty

Im after buying some new amber front indicators to spruce the 205 up a bit and im struggling. I can get the passenger one very cheap (£4.99 posted) from carparts4less but not the drivers side, which is out of stock... anyone know where i can buy one?

Also i guess buying just one side from CP4L opens up the risk of getting different makes, so does anyone happen to know what make it is they sell?

farmer

I find those cheap ones from that lot are poor in design and fitment.

Somebody was on about Mr Auto having Valeo units.

Genuine are NLA

Pugleyrich

Mister Auto do stock them. They have 2 part numbers but the pictures both show the same side. Does anyone know if they are actually both sides?

axnutty

/\ /\ /\

Was wondering the same, was just going to ring them monday though,.. I presume valeo is OEM, I need at least one new headlight as well, the good one is marked lucas though. Which I take (maybe in naivety) to be a quality make and looking on ebay there are plenty of lucas headlights. So was Lucas OEM?

welshpug

Lucas was not o.e for Peugeot, though were for plenty others.

as for the indicators, likely to just be a stock photo.

Ams

I bought a pair of genuine Peugeot amber corner indicators a few months back to replace the non-OEM clear indicators my car came with, key differences I noticed:

• Much better fit than the non-OEM clear lamps.
  • The plastic casing was chrome as opposed to white.
  • Had "Made in France" stamped on plastic.
  • Set came with new bulb pods.
  • £32 from Pug as opposed to £10 for non OEM.

oemInd.jpg

Have no idea what manufacturer made them though. Parts man at Pug was very surprised they were even available. They took about 2 weeks to come through, this was back in January though.

Edited by Ams

welshpug

look on the lens, SEIMA is the original unit iirc

axnutty

AMS. Very interesting, amazed they still stock them, ill try my local Peugeot dealers, I dont suppose you could post the part numbers please.

Also, I take £32 was for the pair or was that each?

Edited by axnutty

farmer

Read my previous post.

NLA

No longer supplied by Peugeot

Stu

I've gone through all of this with mine, and the spurious lenses just don't fit right. I had a cheap set of clears on mine and buggered about adjusting the headlight bracket to get the fit right for ages, dropped a set of genuine lenses in and the fit was there straight away.

I ended up dropping on a mint second hand pair so it might be worth trawling the breakers and such?

Tamanga

Go to Mister Auto, the site's not great as it doesn't clearly identify the nearside and offside units but if you order both you'll receive a both n/s and o/s, rather than 2 of the same.

Ams

It was £32 for the pair (same price for genuine clear indicator lamps too) but as Farmer said they're NLA now unfortunately, I just got lucky.

Callum

Reviving this thread as i bought a set of amber indicators to replace the clears fitted to my gti and although they look great the fit is awful i had to trim a piece down just to get them to fit into the bracket and when the headlight is fitted the gap tapers in and the headlight isn't flush with the indicator where as with the clear indicator everything fits as it should. Can anyone point me in the right direction for some oe replacements or as good as or even some nice condition second hand units? Cheers