• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
erbs

Play On Clutch Fork

erbs

put a new clutch, pressure plate and used the same release bearing as mine is a be1 gearbox with be3 style clutch arm

fitted the gearbox and now it seems the clutch cable is too long???

there is 50-60mm play on the arm and i can see inside the gearbox and there is loads of play from the release bearing to the pressure plate

not sure what to do now as gearbox is back in and was a bitch to fit, have i missed something here?

2-Pugs

Did you definitely locate the release bearing on to the fork correctly? I've had a similar issue before whereby somehow it didn't sit right although it wasn't obvious until it was back together and the clutch wouldn't release and re engage at all cleanly. My memory is hazy as it was a very long time ago so please forgive the vagueness!

erbs

Yes I checked this, I need the part where the back part of the clutch cable attaches to the gearbox to give tension, as mine is missing

Tom Fenton

There is no separate part , the outer of the clutch cable locates in a cut out in the gearbox casing.