• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
iwallers

Oil Leak

iwallers

Hi

My 1.9 phase 1.5 has an oil leak from what looks like from sump area or close by,

Only had the car for a few months,

It loses a few. Drips per trip when standing still

Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

MikeC

sump gasket, oil filter, head gasket, rocker gasket, dizzy o-ring, crankshaft oil seal, driveshaft seal???

Get under and clean it up, run the engine up to temp an try and see where it could be coming from. My money would be on the sump gasket, but further investigation will be needed. best of luck with it

amusingadam

As above mate clean it down then start looking. I had 3 leaks on mine took a while to clean it down but it's the only sensible way.

Slo

My money is on the crank seals and the lower oil pipe that comes from the filler pot

iwallers

What job is the oil pipe!!

Are they available?

Thanks

MikeC

To the oil cooler mounted in front of the radiator.

iwallers

Does to fit from bottom of oil cooler to oil filler

Please excuse my limited knowledge

Thanks

Mac Crash

Oil leaks are annoying, all agreed, usually best way to find them is run engine up to temperature and get under the car (safely) and you should be able to locate the source depending on cleanliness of engine and ancillaries... just spend some time... regarding the 1.9 oil cooler, you have an entry and exit hose/pipe both on the top of the cooler located behind the plastic radiator cowling... when under the car, run your fingers along the top of the spoiler/splitter where it joins to the front bumper, if you have oil there then it is likely that one of the oil cooler unions is leaking and the warm oil is getting carried forward onto the top lip of the splitter, it's been like that on mine since I replaced the holed exit hose caused by a rubbing bottom radiator hose clamp. This won't drip oil though, it's more of a fine mist/spray, if your leaking/dripping oil then that should be easier to locate... as said though, you might have to clean it up first to find the source.

scbond

Sorry to hijack...where can I get the O ring which goes between the block and the spacer between the block and oil filter? Pretty sure this what's leaking on my engine (that or the front of the sump or the hose unions for the cooler) but can't find the part anywhere.

Annoying as well as I just changed the filter and oil and I'd assume it needs to be drained to any of those (certainly the sump).

welshpug

No, the oil would not need draining to change the oil cooler takeoff o-ring, oil is in the sump...

Seal is on servicebox.

iwallers

Sorry again to sound like a fool!!

What is service box?

Thanks

farmer

Sorry to hijack...where can I get the O ring which goes between the block and the spacer between the block and oil filter? Pretty sure this what's leaking on my engine (that or the front of the sump or the hose unions for the cooler) but can't find the part anywhere.

Annoying as well as I just changed the filter and oil and I'd assume it needs to be drained to any of those (certainly the sump).

I think that seal is NLA, I got some of the last ones from a UK dealer about 4 months ago.

Any o-ring would do.

As I thought

1117 16
NFP
HYDRAULIC OIL O-RING SEAL
Edited by farmer

scbond

No, the oil would not need draining to change the oil cooler takeoff o-ring, oil is in the sump...

Seal is on servicebox.

I know it's on SB...part number 1117.16. Can't find it anywhere online and a Peugeot dealer will more than likely disappoint.

Just saw your response farmer...don't suppose you know the diameter?

Edited by scbond

farmer

I can have a count up on the seals I have, may have half dozen up in the loft.

Have the NLA oil cooler seal am sure as well.

welshpug

I know it's on SB...part number 1117.16. Can't find it anywhere online and a Peugeot dealer will more than likely disappoint.

never assume!!

Slo

Sorry again to sound like a fool!!

What is service box?

Thanks

Item number 3 is the oil pipe I was referring to... image is from service box and its showing as available, annoyingly at the ridiculous price of £85.97

Item number 4 which is longer but narrower is only £17.98 also available

post-21076-0-11774400-1403947673_thumb.jpg

iwallers

Farmer, would really appreciate you having a look for seals and O rings, would like to replace them all while I'm at it.

Look forward to Hearing from you

farmer

Will go see how man I have and what I can find at the dealers and let you know if I can spare some.

Not to keen on letting seals go at the moment as stock isn't to clever on 205 part now.

Will report back Monday.

iwallers

Thanks alot

Speak soon

Ian

scbond

never assume!!

Well I had already checked and it's NFP as expected. My local dealer can't even order a lock barrel and weren't sure they could even get the downpipe gasket...they were a waste of space to be honest.

Do you know of anywhere that has them in-stock? Or one from another car that will fit?

Edited by scbond

DamirGTI

Dunno which dimension it is , but standard O-ring fits though you'll need to take the cooler plate off and take it with you as an sample to "shop around" for the correct O-ring dimension ..

My mate who runs a car part store usually has few boxes of various O-rings , when i needed to replace mine he run out of the big ones said can order them for the next day but me being in a hurry he said he can make me one using this Wurth O-ring kit :

http://www.wurth.co.uk/fasteners-general-metric-imperial/sealing-elements/sealing-rings/assortment-o-ring-kit

... measured as per cooler plate sample , O-ring string cut , glued and fitted .. no leaks what so ever and that was round 7 years ago .

D

farmer

Well I had already checked and it's NFP as expected. My local dealer can't even order a lock barrel and weren't sure they could even get the downpipe gasket...they were a waste of space to be honest.

Do you know of anywhere that has them in-stock? Or one from another car that will fit?

Find out tomorrow

farmer

Got some of these seals sorted out, message me if required.

MikeC

If you have the o-ring diameter, you could get some o-ring cord and cut to suit.

farmer

Sounds the easiest way as I would rather keep them.

The oil cooler o rings are a harder o ring I think from memory, need to check.

Edited by farmer