• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ftoomsh

Skf Driveshafts

ftoomsh

Just wanted to know everyones thoughts on skf driveshafts seeing as geniune seem to be obsolete now.

Will be going on 1.9 mi16 tarmac rallycar with approx 200bhp (be1)

Alan77

I've just recently had SKF driveshafts put on mine. I've got a normal 1.9 road car so can't really compare to your spec, but they are fine and I have no issues when fitting anything SKF to my car.

Edited by Alan77

ftoomsh

Thanks for reply but as you say with sticky tyres and more power, jumps and landings etc etc all puts a mahoosive strain on transmission and associated parts.

Tom Fenton

I have used the SKF shafts on my 205 Mi16 track car. So far they have done half a day at Donington on slicks with no issues whatsoever. I have tried pretty much every make of driveshaft out there over the last few years and have had numerous problems with the lengths being incorrect, or even worse the shafts breaking clean in half. So the SKF ones seem a good buy from my experience.

ftoomsh

Thanks tom.

Mister Auto is doing 309 shafts for approx £63 each delivered. I am really struggling to find anywhere else that selling them. I was hoping to get gkn but may have to settle for skf

Tom Fenton

I bought from Mister Auto. No issues.

GLPoomobile

Is that price on an exchange basis?

farmer

I just sourced 309 gen shafts and have two pairs of 205 1.9 shafts under my bed.

They are out there still

Alan77

I also bought from mr auto, new boxed, no exchange...

ftoomsh

I just sourced 309 gen shafts and have two pairs of 205 1.9 shafts under my bed.

They are out there still

I have tried my 2 local pug dealers and they tell me they are no longer available :(

farmer

They are but ask them to do a search.

If you want me to search on your behalf, PM your requirements.

309 shafts will be hard as there scarce.

ftoomsh

I am after 309 1.9 gti shafts

Thanks

farmer

Could get one easily enough if it was there, the other side would be more tricky.

The one that is potentially available to me is showing as genuine refurbed.

Only thing that concerns me about driveshaft's as I have found on occasions the wrong shaft in the correct box...

Edited by farmer

ftoomsh

What sort of money are they??

farmer

The exchanged shaft I was talking about above retailed at just shy off £127.

Would have shipping on top and the potential risk of the wrong shaft

ftoomsh

Ill leave that then as could buy two from mr auto for that..

farmer

More than likely.

My mate paid about 300 quid for a pair new ones.

I would guess they would be just about priceless on ebay.

hoodygoodwood

Can recommend Mr Auto , delivered quickly from France in genuine SKF packaging . Cheap or free postage is not bad considering how far they have to come .Read the Ebay posts carefully for number of splines /length etc to make sure you get the correct ones . Mine was for my Miami 309 GTi .

ftoomsh

Can recommend Mr Auto , delivered quickly from France in genuine SKF packaging . Cheap or free postage is not bad considering how far they have to come .Read the Ebay posts carefully for number of splines /length etc to make sure you get the correct ones . Mine was for my Miami 309 GTi .

Thanks

dawning

I bought a pair of skf driveshafts for my 205 xs from mister auto. The passenger side was fitted by the garage and stopped the driveshaft knock from the original. I recently replaced the drivers side one but before I put it on I thought there was somthing wrong with it as the inner joint was really stiff and not spinning, no supprise it made a knocking sound once fitted :(

I bought the shafts about 4 months ago, I have emailed mr auto but no reply. Maybe I should try skf.

calvinhorse

Yeah I wasn't over impressed with my skf driveshafts, the splines wouldn't fit and they knock

MrAuto asked me for feedback so I told them and they never replied!

But cheap buy twice!

• Like 1

dawning

A brand new driveshaft that knocks is crazy, the old one I took of was actually fine. Luckily I managed to order one from a pug garage in scotland that had one hanging around, and they charged me 100 inc vat and deliver so at least saved 50 on the rrp. Just waiting for delivery at the mo been a few days!