• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Coopex

Help And Hints Needed Building A 2.2L Xu10J2 ...

Coopex

Hello guys,

at first I want to introduce myself shortly in this forum because it is not possible for me to start a topic in the newbies-forum. (Why not?) :/

My name ist markus, I am 38 years old (oh my god!) an I have bough an 205 gti in january instead of my original "dream".

(I am a BIG fan of peugeot 104 and talbot samba and I have biuld up a 104 zs with a lot of pts-parts and besides we are working at a talbot samba cabriolet. :)

My former dream is to buy an group b talbot samba rallye from france, but it is too expensive to get a good car.)

So I recovered an old dream: The 205 gti...

A friend of mine sold his gti for a fair price, so i couldn't say no and bought it.

The next point is that I want to excuse my not very good english.

The last time I spoke or worte a better english was the time in school, nearly 25 years ago. :)
Especially the special word regarding vehicles and parts of motors and such words - horrible for me.

Nevertheless I hope I can describe you my problems and maybe somebody understands me and has a hint for me to solve my problems?

And now to the problem:
For my gti I want to build up a XUX10J2 motor with a XUD11BTE crank, so I will get 2138ccm. So far so easy, but after we looked into the motors, we found the first problem:

The problem ist that width of the standard rods on the crank is about 24mm and the width/space on the diesel-crank is about 26mm. :(

So I cannot use the standard-rods and as far as I searched, I found no other rods fitting.

The eye of the diesel-rods is in contrast to the standard rods to big to fit the xu10j2 pistons.

Now I search for some rods that will fit the 26mm width and probably also to the xu10j2 pistons.
Do you have a hint for me? Or ist the only way to take special made rods and/or pistons?

I would be glad if you have a hint for me and would help me solving this problem.

friendly greetings,
Markus (from germany)

Edited by jackherer

jackherer

Welcome to the forum :)

The new user forum is only for initial joining threads, like this one - http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=156336&hl= ;)

I don't know the information you need but your English is fine, I understood your questions perfectly so I'm sure other people will post some answers for you soon.

While you wait for more replies please post a thread about your 104 :)

Coopex

Welcome to the forum :)

The new user forum is only for initial joining threads, like this one - http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=156336&hl= ;)

I don't know the information you need but your English is fine, I understood your questions perfectly so I'm sure other people will post some answers for you soon.

While you wait for more replies please post a thread about your 104 :)

HELP! Shame on me! I meant I would build up a XU10J2!! So a 8V-motor, NO 16V! :unsure:

If possible - put the thread back please - and show me how to modify the thread!

And in which forum should I post something about the 104?? :wub:

greetings,

Markus