• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
James Cornell

Cylinder Liner Query

James Cornell

I have an 8v I will be stripping soon for a transplant and if the liners/rings are ok I would like to leave them, however I would like to remove the liners before having the block slimmed (I have also read it is advisable to refit the liners 180 degrees around to level the "thrust wear" that always occurs on any engine from the piston (much less with a des axis crank but that is all a bit Fred Dibnah)

My question is can you buy new o-rings for the liners?

I think it would be sensible to change them on replacing the liners as they are the only defence from a wet sump

*skimmed not slimmed (f***ing predictive text)

welshpug

yes, there is a recent part number change, they now come in a pack of 4 for a few quid at most, same as used in the 1.8 engine which was used into the middle of the last decade roughly.

James Cornell

Do you have a part number, or even better a supplier where I can get some from? You will have to forgive me I have never rebuilt an engine with liners before...

welshpug

peugeot or citroen dealer will sort you out.

James Cornell

Thanks welshpug I will inquire at my local garage