• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Nathanlee

Where's The Dipstick?

Nathanlee

I'm hating myself for actually asking this in public, but can anybody give me a hint as to where the dipstick on a turbo technics converted XU is? I've had a torch all over the place, the haynes manual is useless unless you've got any other engine apart from the XU, and short of crawling under the car I've ran out of places to look. I can't actually crawl under the car at the moment as the diff puked its guts up on the garage floor and I don't have any sand to hand.

I've booked a day off work tomorrow to replace wishbones, nearside driveshaft, full fluid change, and then a.... drive. Just remembered the tax has ran out. Not my day is it. :)

jdt

the conventional xu dipstick tube comes vertically out of the rear rhs of the block with a bolt securing it to the cylinder head just to the rhs of the exhaust manifold.

I am not sure about the turbo engine though

Slo

2 litre turbo dipstick comes out the front side and rises upto next to the inlet, it could have been changed to this type have a nose/feel around underneath the inlet manifold