• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ATK

Those With K&n 57I Kits - Extended Pipe To Sad?

ATK

Those who have a K&N 57i fitted, did you have to get an extended pipe to go from the pipe next to throttle body to the back of the SAD? My car has a 57i and the standard piping didn't reach to the back of the SAD on the thermo housing so there's an extended pipe on there which isn't OEM.

This is assuming the K&N is fitted behind the passenger headlight like most seem to be, and that the SAD is correctly bolted to the thermo housing - 2 pin connector pointing towards you as you stand in front of the car. Inlet manifold pipe going to front of SAD (same side as 2 pin connector), other pipe to back of SAD - this needs an extended pipe?

Cheers

Edited by ATK

welshpug

standard SAD and breather pipes should fit fine.

Anthony

Standard pipes should fit fine in my experience - are you sure that yours haven't been cut or similar?

ATK

In that case I'm assuming mine have been cut, going to order some new SAD pipes today from Baker.

Thanks both.

Edited by ATK

AlexRS2782

My standard hoses & then subsequent Baker BM ones both reached at their normal length :)

johnhenry

I have an 57i kit, not requiring longer SAD pipes.

Check miami Stu's website of schematics to make sure your pipes are connected the correct way :)

http://www.miamistu.co.uk/pug/

ATK

Yep all sorted now with new hose from BakeBM. for some reason my hoses had been shortened, very odd.