• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SerPercival

Exterior Respray/colour Change

SerPercival

Hello everyone! I have a question that I'm sure has been covered before, but I am looking at buying a GTi to restore over the summer with my dad - not a full restoration, just a car needing a bit of TLC really.

I've seen one advertised locally to home but the paint is pretty bad. It is Sorrento Green but I really like the Miami Blue colour, could anybody give me a ballpark figure of how much it would cost to have the exterior only resprayed in Miami Blue? The inside will be sprayed white further down the road, so it's only an exterior and possibly engine bay job.

We would do much of the prep work ourselves, if not all of it, so that would bring the cost down somewhat.

Thanks!

dcc

you're going to get what you pay for. A £800 respray will be pretty poor upclose, but a £3000 respray will be s*it hot (generally speaking if you get what you pay for...)

Clapton_Is_God

I've recently had my 205 repainted (exterior only) having repaired and prepped it myself and I can tell you the whole experience was a nightmare.

I work in a bodyshop environment and prepped the car to a high standard and I still spent 6 months just trying to find someone to take the job on. Very few people want to take on someone else's work, regardless of it's standard. People were not even prepared to come over and view it. I was close to scrapping it!

That said, I did eventually get a few quotes and they were all between £2000-£2500. I think that figure may be cheaper depending on who you know and in what area you live.

I only wish I had the space to have a bash at it myself.

Good luck!

SerPercival

Unfortunately I just spoke with the seller, the car is being withdrawn from sale. A bit annoying because most other cars that I've looked at are 200-300 miles away, and that one was only 20 miles from home. Thank you both for the input, time to continue my search!

Daviewonder

What year was it?