• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ATK

Afm Retracking

ATK

Whats the easiest way and will this help cold start issues?

nveeate

Carefully remove lid (selaed on with silicone), loosen the three screws holding the circuitboard (make sure you get the right sized screwdriver, as the screws can be tight and they easily round), move circuit board slightly until the copper bit is on a new bit of track, then tighten up and re-seal lid.

I'm not sure how much, if any, difference it'll make to cold start issues though. I cleaned the SAD, fitted a new vac advance unit and then reset ignition timing (which had presumably been set to accomodate faulty vac advance), and adjusted fuel mixture and idle. It now starts really well, and idles nicely from cold....did them all at the same time, so not 100% sure which made the difference!

ATK

That easy huh? Do the circuit board holes have enough room to be able to move it or did you need to drill arger holes?

nveeate

That easy huh? Do the circuit board holes have enough room to be able to move it or did you need to drill arger holes?

There should be enough movement...it only needs to move by 1mm or two.

nveeate

Pic attached.

post-23607-0-92613000-1396300974_thumb.jpg

ATK

Great thanks, that makes it very clear. Do the two tracks on yours indicate its been retracked before?

nveeate

No, the copper piece is split into two connection points (presumably to increase the certainty of contact).

nveeate

I'd check with others more knowledgeable about whether a worn AFM could affect cold start issues first though if I were you....I'm not sure that it would be a likely cause.

• Like 1