• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
erbs

Engine Mount Failure

erbs

As a precaution i thought i would change the top mount on the left hand side,it was a surprise!!! took the mount off and only to find it came off in my hand, the bolt had rusted off and remaining thread in the engine bay

so i drilled out the remainder of the thread and i got the drill hole dead centre (which never happens for me) and then went bigger on the

drill bits and the i tapped the remaining bit of metal out and all was left with the original thread, thought this was gonna go wrong but

managed to put a new mount on with a bit of grease on the new mount thread so hopefully that won't be happening again

When i see sheared off bolts it fills me with dread as you can easily butcher the original thread, hopefully there won't be anymore like this

But this a pug so I'm preparing myself for the worst HA HA HA!!!

Jme

the worst bolt ive had sheer is the bonnet one under the wiper black plastic that was a hell of a job to drill and tap becoz the angle if u ever takein urs out LOADZ of WD40 lol

a porper good name there aswell mate :D