• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Danez

Will This Gti Bumper Fit My Pug?

Danez

Hello I'm wanting to replace the front bumper on my 205 style which currently looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/rbCw82Z.jpg (won't let me attach it for some reason). I've found a gti bumper (attached file) but would it fit without any problems? Main reason I'm doing this is I prefer the look of the gti bumper and would love some front fog lights.

Thanks for reading! Any additional advice welcome! :)

post-25253-0-36098200-1395485317_thumb.jpg

forbeslongden

I think a GTi bumper is required to fit that valance, if I remember correctly, it has lugs that bolt into the underside of the actual bumper keeping it attached.

You could maybe drill the standard bumper but it seems a little too much like hard work, if you search enough on eBay, there's usually a bumper and valance together already attached, in which case you could just unbolt your standard one and replace with that.

Danez

I think a GTi bumper is required to fit that valance, if I remember correctly, it has lugs that bolt into the underside of the actual bumper keeping it attached.

You could maybe drill the standard bumper but it seems a little too much like hard work, if you search enough on eBay, there's usually a bumper and valance together already attached, in which case you could just unbolt your standard one and replace with that.

Ah so the bumper isn't bolted to the valance? I'd need a new valance too?

P.S the valance is the part with the yellow strip and number plate right?

forbeslongden

The valance is the bit that holds the spotlights, the bumper is the bit with the strip.

the valance will go on it but not without work I think I've fitted a GTi valance to a style before.

welshpug

Itll fit straight on no issues on a base model bumper, its what the xs had as standard.

Danez

The valance is the bit that holds the spotlights, the bumper is the bit with the strip.

the valance will go on it but not without work I think I've fitted a GTi valance to a style before.

Ah didn't know that, thanks for the advice

forbeslongden

Itll fit straight on no issues on a base model bumper, its what the xs had as standard.

Does it not require bigger holes and bolts though?

JoshGti

It should just bolt straight up, its just the styling that is different but the fitting.

And just so youre aware that front valance youve got pictured is yellow and has holes and is a rallye item and not a gti item as it should have solid backings for the spoitlights.

If you get that cheap enough you may be able to make some money back to buy a correct gti valance in the right colour?

Josh

Danez

It should just bolt straight up, its just the styling that is different but the fitting.

And just so youre aware that front valance youve got pictured is yellow and has holes and is a rallye item and not a gti item as it should have solid backings for the spoitlights.

If you get that cheap enough you may be able to make some money back to buy a correct gti valance in the right colour?

Josh

Thanks for the advice but do you have any idea where I could find on? On ebay they're going for over £100!

welshpug

Try the wanted section on here.

kenneth205xld

I agree with Welshpug, the GTI valance bolts straight onto the lower models bumper. The XS valance is not flared at the ends whilst the GTI one is. You will need to be careful removing the plastic clips which also hold the valance to the bumper. I have posted a photo below of the bolts and clips.

Pugautouptill13thOctober2013022_zps61b16

Below is a photo of a XS valance fitted to a 205 XLD.

all205sandhouse11082013029_zps5310f599.j

Below is a photo of a GTI valance fitted to 205 Mardi Gras Turbo Diesel.

14062013pug205tdalloys002_zps6ab8433a.jp

Hope this helps a bit.

• Like 1