• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cybernck

Xu10J4 S16 Ecu Pinout

cybernck

Has anyone got a simple pinout info for XU10J4 S16 ECU? I'll need the same for XU10J4TE T16

with Magneti Marelli ECU, if you happen to have Autodata or something.

I want to compare the two to see if the S16 loom can be easily modified to work with T16 ECU,

as it's a very similar engine in regards of sensors, injection and ignition, but S16 lacks

two MAP sensors, two electrovalves, electric water pump and vehicle speed sensor.

Thanks, Nikica.

welshpug

Its the same ecu plug, which is easy to open and move pins around in.

Both engines run twin amplifiers and the same coilpacks, similar tps, crank sensor, knock, iat etc, just the map sensors and boost control missing.

I will have a look at both later for you on autodata, if they have them, i do have the zx manual with the s16 ecu.

B1ack_Mi16

Interesting. Do one need special tools to release the pins from the plug?

I think I'm going to use a S16 loom as base for a megasquirt 3 Pro that's mounted in a Bosch case.

But I need to add some extra pins. Can these be taken from for example a Jetronic loom plug also?

I have a 3 page scan wiring diagram for XU10J4 Nik. But have to send it to you somehow, got an email adress?

B1ack_Mi16

Ah. why make it hard when it's an attach function on the forum :)

Danish explanations though.

Edit, damn. max 500kb.

Edited by B1ack_Mi16

welshpug

Post as an image?

B1ack_Mi16

Too much hassle, it's a scan so had to be zoomed a bit in the pdf to be able to get it good enough to read properly.

But welsh. the S16 connector has a big chunk of rubber cast into the wiring close to the plug.

I suppose this one must carefully be cut away to be able to start swapping / adding pins?

cybernck

That diagram is a bit complex anyway - what I need is something simple, such as this one:

post-4-0-86422900-1395176856_thumb.jpg

Also, does S16 loom have injection & ignition loom separate from the main loom by a multiplug on a cambelt end of the head?

welshpug

no, there's a multiplug on the flywheel end, same as the 405, where the ignition coil loom is separate, but the rest of the loom is one piece from the l/h chassis leg, nothing extends past the engine other than the EVAP solenoid plug.

cybernck

Oh, OK. Here's what it looks like on a T16 engine, you can see the multiplug near the engine mount:

photo273bj7.jpg

welshpug

ah, they put it in a different place on that engine to the XU10J4.

cybernck

Here's a quick comparison of the ECU plugs, without the pinout ;).

post-4-0-26892200-1395182312_thumb.jpg

They seem quite different at first, which is why I need the pinout diagrams.

Any luck with Autodata yet?

Also, any idea as to what is this sub-loom for? I've no idea if it has anything to do with this engine or not really:

post-4-0-42478700-1395182399_thumb.jpg

welshpug

That's the same plug,

not sure on the subloom, MI16 doesn't have that.

managed to get the XU10J4 Pinout list, my copy of autodata has nothing for the TE engine.

405 XU10J4 wiring.pdf

welshpug

here's the 306 pinout if you want to browse that too, can;t imagine there being any differences though.

306 XU10J4 pinout.pdf

cybernck

The plugs are the same, but pins arrangement is quite different from what meets the naked eye.

So they would have to be re-arranged and a few more added. Or perhaps all the main ones are in the right place to begin with :).

Thanks, that's just what I needed! 405 and 306 seem to be identical. Now I just need to find the same sort of diagram for the T16.