• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CHRISWB

8V Turbo Clutch And Flywheel

CHRISWB

Hi all today I have done some more on my 205 turbo project, I have had it running and when it was I could hear a noise from the gearbox side and it sounds like the clutch plate is scrapping the release arm. I had the original 8v flywheel skimmed and also had a clutch made but what are other people using have I gone about this the wrong way is there an off the shelf clutch I can use?

Daviewonder

I used a GTI6 flywheel and an Mi16 clutch (1.9)

pug_ham

Not entirely certain what the usual clutch is for this conversion but there are a few options to choose from imo, either the Mi16 215mm clutch & flywheel or a 306 hdi clutch & flywheel (235mm iirc)both of which are a direct fit to a Be3 gearbox as originally fitted to your car.

g

Slo

Turbo clutch is originally 230mm and wont fit, i'm using citroen bx 215mm clutch and gti6 flywheel. Flywheel clutch bolts are different (M7) to the 205/turbo clutch bolts and a pain in the arse to buy just the 6 you'll need. Peugeot sell em in 5's. You'll need to use your original release bearing as well possibly.

CHRISWB

Thanks for the info, I will start looking for the right bits now then, don't suppose anyone on here has got a flywheel or clutch for sale.?

pug_ham

I've got a GTI-6 flywheel & afaik a hdi one with a clutch but need to check first if its complete, no release bearing though.

Put up a wanted topic, I'm sure there are a few out there.

What flywheel is fitted now for it to run?

Just get a clutch to fit that suitable for your box etc.

g

Slo

If its making noise like he says he's more than likely still got the turbo flywheel on it. And possibly the clutch too :blink:

pug_ham

true, the noise could be explained by the original turbo pull clutch where Chris needs a push type.

g

Slo

Could have done some damage to the bell housing too if it is, the turbo pressure plate is huge. Hmm if it at least working though I wonder if it would be possible to use the whole turbo setup nice 230mm clutch :)

I say 230mm as that's what my 605 had but I did a search and the citroen xantia/406/countless others version of the engine seem to have ~235mm as you noted earlier in the thread.

CHRISWB

I have used the turbo flywheel but I have had I skimmed so the new clutch would fit it right, I then had a clutch made but I think the clutch cover is too tall so I thought I would just change the hole lot to what everyone else has tried and tested. Also I have got a push type clutch not a pull type changed that when I had I made.

Do you think I should keep it as it is but try an get a smaller cover made?

Slo

Just get the proper parts 215mm clutch Mi16/gti6 flywheel

Tom Fenton

I would say do not re-invent the wheel.

The 215mm flywheel from an Mi16 or GTI6 engine, along with a push clutch from an earlier 405 Mi16 (1905cc engine, 87-91) or the same thing from a Citroen BX 16v, will all bolt straight on and are well proven on turbo/super charged engines.

CHRISWB

Just bought a gti6 flywheel from eBay 17.99 just looking for a clutch now. What release bearing should I use?

Tom Fenton

If you buy the clutch kit I described above it will come with the correct release bearing (for push type clutch lever).

CHRISWB

I have just got a clutch kit just waiting for the flywheel now hopefully it will come today or tomorrow then will get it fitted and hopefully everything will be ok.