• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pyrrhic

One Hose Not Installed In My Car

pyrrhic

On my CTI 1.6 one of the holes where a whose would attach to on the throttle body isn't there. There just is no hole where every body's cars have one.

If you look at the attached picture my car has the highlighted hose cut and plugged at the red line from the oil filler cap, and the hole on the throttle body where it would attach isn't there.

Could this be leading to rough running, which happens to my car once in a while?

post-23540-0-15334700-1393795543_thumb.jpg

James Cornell

I would imagine it would have an adverse impact to idling/engine running, mine was full of mayo (common issue) and I found after I cleaned all of the pipework and the throttle body connector the throttle was more responsive.

I always take the opinion that these things are put there for a reason (even if it is a poorly thought out and designed french one :P)

welshpug

that hose being missing and blanked off will not on its own cause running issues.

• Like 1