• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Crescent205

What To Do With It!

Crescent205

I've recently purchased an accident damaged GTI with some nice bits on it, Question is what do i do with it?!!! I'm torn between reshelling it or breaking it, A quick breakdown of spec is gti-6 engine and loom (apparently has cams but havent checked), Xsara box with quaife diff, Gaz coilovers, recently refurbed rear beam, Full leather in fantastic condition, ph2 black interior (1992 car) with green carpet. Then obviously all other standard parts apart from front end which took a central reservation down! Really want to re-shell it but id have to find a damn good shell. What do you guys think?

jackherer

I'm selling a 100% solid shell, it's in the for sale section.

Crescent205

I indeed saw your shell, I was put off with the cage and price ;) (its a tight welsh thing) ;)

jackherer

I'm open to offers and you could sell the cage too, I would but I spent a load of cash getting it welded in and I couldn't bring myself to cut it out.

welshpug

depends totally on how bad the damage is.

Jolly Green Monster

curious to see pics of how it faired

Crescent205

t'is stuffed, inner wing, chassis rail and typically roof bent. Thats why there is no central reservation by fast parts no more!!

Crescent205

curious to see pics of how it faired

I shall put some pics on tomorrow. It faired quite well considering they are made of foil! I had exactly the same damage on my rally car a few years ago but my shell remained straight because of the cage. This one however didnt have a cage so the roof has bent.

Jolly Green Monster

what would you do with it once reshelled? if sell it then no point just break it.. ?

welshpug

oh, the lamp post, wondered who had taken that out, how the hell do you manage to do that on a straight bit of road?!

Crescent205

He said a dog ran out in front of him, but yes it was an unusual place to go off!

Crescent205

what would you do with it once reshelled? if sell it then no point just break it.. ?

Don't know what i would do with it afterwards, Seems a shame to break one these days when you could build one too, I do actually like playing with the bloody little things :)