• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Schumi

Which Rods And Bearings For Xud9Te Crankshaft?

Schumi

Hello everyone.

My custom JE pistons on the way. And XUD9TE forged crankshaft will be here after 2 weeks (coming from UK eBay). I cant afford custom steel crankshaft.

Anyway. Which conrods can be fit on XUD9TE or DW10ATED crankshaft. IIRC S16 rods will fit. Is it true ? And rod bearings ?

If S16 rods will fit then I can get an order for S16 rods with my custom lenght and 18mm pin diameter.

Regards.

post-22117-0-05335100-1391549385_thumb.jpg

post-22117-0-24591000-1391549389.jpg

B1ack_Mi16

Only 18mm pin diameter, ain't that a bit small?

I'm not 100% sure about the crank, but I think it's the normal width of 24mm for the big end on those.

I would wait until it arrives then you can just measure it.

Schumi

Any bearing brands recommendation ?

sub205

I always use XUD9TE-bearings for my XU9/XU10-engine builds with great success.

The brand is "Glyco"

Edited by sub205

allanallen

You've ordered custom pistons without knowing what rods you're going to use?! Really??

Schumi

You've ordered custom pistons without knowing what rods you're going to use?! Really??

I will not use any OEM rods. Yes I ordered custom pistons for my engine stroke, compression ratio, intruder desing and valve clearance. And I already give rods small end / piston side measurements. Only think I need at that photos is E - H - G - B values. Due Valentine Days our customs is very busy my crankshaft still on airplane free zone. But I guess I have to wait to my crankshaft arrive for accurate measurements. Because I will order custom rods for my rod lengths. But I dont have S16 rods its very rare engine here and my crankshafts still on the way. I have lots of TU and EW parts at garage but not any part of XU / XUD (except 306 GTI6 XU10J4RS crankshaft). So I need 153 mm (1 mm longer then 152) S16 rods with smaller piston pin diameter. And my rod builders didnt have measurements of S16 rods. I need to supply that info or I would go my second choice of rod builders which is already build and sold S16 rods. So the only think I need to say him rod length and pin diameter. But second options price almost double.

I already found some Peugeot info documents but I want to be sure.

welshpug

Apart from 405 t16 all xu10 cranks are the same.