• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Maso

Retro Fitting Ac System In A 205?

Maso

Hello,

Im very interested in installing a AC system to my 205 GTI and wonder if it has been covered by anyone here.

What system would work as a carry over? One from a 306? Any other aftermarket system that could work maybe?

All feedback to how this is doable/feasible in a 205 GTI is of much appreciation.

cRaig

I think the 205 specific parts that I would source are the evaporator in the heater box and the condensor in front of the radiator, as both are located in tight spaces and are quite size-specific for the 205. You could get around using them, but it would require more fabriation/ chopping around.

The standard 205 heater box can be used, as it already has most of the cutouts required (phase 2 only I would have thought)

Most other components can either be easily sourced (receiver dryer) or could be made (pipework) or sourced from other cars (eg compressor and sump from 405 Mi)

Hope that helps :)

Edit: Useful layout diagram

http://peugeot.mainspot.net/tips/205_aircon.shtml

Edited by cRaig

brian j

Following up from Craig,

The receiver dryer, expansion valve and condenser are available new at reasonable cost.

The twin radiator fan setup, and sump are relatively available second hand. The compressor should also be not too bad, but I am not sure about pulley offsets.

I have just made replacements for all of the hoses for around £100 at Pirtek, so that won't be an issue.

What you will need is the evaporator and the control system with wiring, switch and ideally 5-hole dash panel and AC heater controls and box to give you a recirculate function. I would expect them to only be available from an AC fitted car that is being broken, so not easy to get hold of. - I'd start by sourcing those parts. If you can get them, then the project should be easy enough, so go for it finding the other parts.

petert

I've got dash & switches if you need one. Every 205 in Oz had AC so there are plenty of parts over here. Just use Mi16 or later 2L alloy sump.

Ryan

The standard 205 heater box can be used, as it already has most of the cutouts required (phase 2 only I would have thought)

LHD models have different heater boxes for AC and non-AC. RHD models all have the AC heater box.

lewis205cti

Hi

I have A/C in my 205 Cti. If you need any pics or info on how the factory install looks just drop me a message.

Ta Lewis

Goliath

I have a complete Air con setup for a 205 sat in the garage, let me know if you want pictures of any parts or anything.

Phujj

I know this post is crazy old but I would love photos of your AC setup as I am currently looking into adding ac in my 1990 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9 

duurtlang

And I'd be curious about the phase 1 dash and LHD. I fear there is lot of fabrication required for the heater box...

SRDT

Some parts are shared with the 309 phase 1 but the controls aren't the same so even with a complete 309 heater housing you will still miss some key components.