• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bobbafett

1.9 8V Intermittent Loss Of Power.

welshpug

Wherever the mixture is correct.

Bobbafett

I've moved the AFM spring tension 5 teeth counter-clockwise and now the powar is back! She's going well but still fairly random misfires between 2-4k, pulls strong all other times. Got a new ignition amp (Lucas) and coil (NGK) on the way so will swap those out and see what happens!

Tallguy_2

I'm glad I found this, mine was doing exactly the same thing, wouldn't rev on idle and was struggling to tick over, I walked around to under the bonet gave the top of the AFM a whack and my word it's the best I've ever felt it!

Could it do with a clean out inside?

• Like 1

Bobbafett

Just an update on this in case anyone finds this topic having the same issues.

I also changed the dizzy cap, rotor arm, put some Magnecor ignition leads in. No change except the car felt a lot smoother.

Today I put a brand new AFM in that I found online and she is delivering pure, muscular and smooth power. Hesitation and flat spot gone completely. There is a smell of fuel back at the exhaust so I guess she's not running lean anymore.

So, for the meantime, sorted :)

2-Pugs

Fantastic news. Well done. A friend of mine is having similar problems with his 93 motronic. I shall pass this info on to him :)

Bobbafett

This is the AFM I fitted. Same/correct part number and looks completely identical to the Bosch one it's replacing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151030999573

Can't believe how smooth and powerful the car feels. The idle is a bit rough but i'll iron that out. Pulls hard in every gear till redline which it hasn't done since I bought it.