• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JR20516V

Xu10J2Te And 205 Instrument Sensors- Compatible?

JR20516V

Hi All,

I am 99% finished the Xantia 2.0T conversion into my 205...just tidying up a few small hiccups and one of them is that i would like my original instruments to work again. I tried placing the original 205 oil temp sensor, oil light sensor and oil pressure guage sensor into the Xantia lump however two dont fit and the other [oil pressure gauge ] fits and works but shows either no pressure or goes off the dial. arrrrghhh!!!

What does everyone do to get these three original 205 instruments working??? Any tips most welcome :}

welshpug

Sounds like you have the oil pressure sender confused with thd switch, the sender is m10 and needs the adapter which miles stocks.

Oil temp you need a post september 93 205/405/bx temp sender as the thread is m14x1.25, if your M16x1.50 one doesnt fit.

• Like 1

JR20516V

Thanks Welshplug...as always you are a mine of info.

Sounds like you have the oil pressure sender confused with thd switch, the sender is m10 and needs the adapter which miles stocks.

#I am sure i dont have these confused. The oil pressure sender [part# 113169 ] for the gauge was from a XU5 1.6 which according to the part numbers are the same on all XU9 lumps and this will run the xu9 instruments for want of a better description. Xantia items could not be used as they are different voltages or something thus cant be used to run another type engines instruments.The oil pressure switch i used [part# 113114 was also from a xu5 1.6 which is the same on the GTi and should work however she doesnt fit. Long story short....which OE or aftermarket sender and switch sensors do i require and from what cars or engine types.

‹Also what does Miles's adapter do ?

Oil temp you need a post september 93 205/405/bx temp sender as the thread is m14x1.25, if your M16x1.50 one doesnt fit.

# oh i see..... i used one from a 205gti [part# p024250 ] which i was informed that ALL XU9 and XU10 oil temp senders were the same as they all simply read oil temp.

‹I need to get the above correct as the 3 sensors are expensive to buy with a no return policy. :[

wicked

Regarding the oil temperature sensor; it's a bit dependent on which sump you have. As said there are 2 size, M14 and M16.

The 1.9 sensor from alu (airco) sumps have a different size wrt the steel sumps (without airco).

Iirc the steel sumps have M16 and the alu M14, (could be other way around).

The sensor of the XU9J4 (alu sump) has similar range as the 1.9.

The S16 sensor has a slightly larger range and RFS is has largest range (=biggest error on your dash)

Regarding the oil pressure warning light and pressure sensor; the 2.0T has only 1 hole in the block to fit those and you need an adapter to make both sensors fit on your block. The 2.0T has no pressure sensor, only warning light

welshpug

if you are using the alloy xu pressure sender I gather you already have an adapter?

given as mentioned above the threads in the iron block are different.

looks like this

349907.jpg

JR20516V

I have the Xantia iron block with air con....so for the oil temp sender in the sump what is the thread and pitch please. I need to make sure i order the correct ones before fitting them to Miles's adapters [not purchased as yet ]

The threads and pitches seem to be all over the shop !!! E.G oil temp sender maybe m14 or m16, , oil pressure sender M10 X1, Oil pressure switch M16 X1.5

JR20516V

Anybody please....somebody must know!! :}

Anthony

You've got it pretty much right in your post above.

The oil temp sensor in the sump should be the M14 variant, whereas 205's use the M16 variant. There was a M14 threaded oil temp sensor for very late 205 models, but most just use the sensor on the donor engine and accept that the reading will be fractionally off.

welshpug

the iron block has the M16x1.5 oil pressure galleries only, where most of the alloy blocks M10x1 and M16x1.5, hence the use of an adapter from Miles to allow the original 205 pressure sender to be used.