• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnhenry

Sad Wiring: Testing And General 'how It Works'

johnhenry

Evening all

My SAD's Stuck open, and causing problems with running a rich mixture.

I want to test the electrical wiring that leads to/comes from the SAD, as I'm not confident and any electricals on my 205 after some of the stuff I've found with it. I want to check that there is an electrical signal coming from the SAD into the wiring loom to the relevant mixture controls etc etc.

To test; the multimeter would go onto the sad connector pins with the SAD in-situ? What would I expect to see reading wise from a healthy SAD? Is this supposed to increase/decrease when the engine warms up? Is it possible for the engine to run correctly with the sad unplugged so I can obtain electrical readings this way?

Or is there an easier way to test the electricals around the sad? i.e. - is there a wire easier to access that will show the SAD wiring is working?

Just another shot in the arm for a carb conversion, the SAD isn't needed with carb conversion right? Please say it isn't? :(

Cheers

John

johnhenry

okay point taken. but its still blocked up, so I'm on the hunt for a working one.

If the AFM adjustment screw has little to no effect, i assumed this was down to the Sad being stuck open, causing more fuel be added to the mixture as more airs flowing in, after reading that doesn't seem right.

Faulty AFM maybe?

welshpug

quite likely, or wiring issues, or CTS, or wiring to that, or TPS, wiring again, initial throttle position, idle screw position,

basically, grab a haynes workshop manual, read the fuel injection section, then have a fiddle with a multimeter, screwdriver and allen key, 11mm spanner to fiddle with the ignition timing helps too.