• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
arwel

Which Throttle Body?

arwel

Is the throttle body on a 1.9 8v the same as a 1.9 16v? Im looking for a replacment for mine and can't find many out there. Or alternatively, is there a suitable upgrade out there?

cheers

Arwel

welshpug

CKPG03.JPG

:P

dcc

Arwel you could fit a gti6 inlet! :)

arwel

Yeah its a 16v one im looking for. I do like that VW one.. looks interesting.

Ha ha ha proper bodies... I like it. One day maybe.

GTi6 inlet sounds interesting too. Few options too look at then. cheers all of you.

jackherer

They don't release any power, they just feel a bit different due to the progressive opening of the smaller butterfly first and they are a readily available replacement for worn Mi16 TBs.

That article was by a member called C_W so you might find more about it if you search his posts.

• Like 1

Simes

I had a gti-6 inlet on my mi16, I switched to an emerald ECU too.

This got rid of 'dizzy', coil, ignition amp, worn butterflies, old engine loom etc and released about 10 horses.

It was alsio a stepping stone to bodies.

arwel

The class I compete in does not allow throttle bodies so for now at least, I'll stay on a normal inlet. Was it much hassle to change the inlet to a GTI6 one?

Simes

Very easy to change.

Although as I mentioned I binned all the electrical low and high voltage crap and all of the loom from multiplug into engine bay.

Miles

Sime's engine did very well on the 6 inlet which considering the size of it not surprising really, Bit of work fitting one with the moving of the oil filler tower but otherwise dead simple, Fit's better too as the outer body is shorter but has longer inlet track inside

stuart

I can recommend the gti6 inlet on mi16, just a bit of adapting breathers, throttle switch and ICV if you're keeping the AFM and original ecu.

Or get rid of it all and run it on a standalone ecu, mine makes around 180bhp with a 421 exhaust on omex :)