• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Miles

1987 1.9 Gti, One Of The Oldest Left

cRaig

Yep, I think Tom is right, all sorts of interesting cars just being owned by people outside of the internet enthusiasts circle. I see an old chap in a flat cap drive past my house in a really nice sorrento GTI regularly, who I suspect has had it from new (original looking dealer plates etc)

And I know of a really nice miami in my hometown owned by a guy whos had it for years, and its only done 40-odd thousand miles (think Ive got first dibs if he wants to sell :D

They are out there, only have to look at older classics to see the "garage find" one owner from new deceased estate sales appearing regularly (admittedly, alot of the "barn finds" on ebay are probably to be taken with a pinch of salt..

Edp

I think folk underestimate how many 205's are still out there.

For example, within a couple of mile radius of my house, I bought my low miles laser green off an old gent who isn't an internet user, there is a nice miami blue owned by a guy who owns a local hairdresser salon, again not on forums, then there are a couple more 205's that are infrequent forum users also in the same radius.

I also know of two more locally, one belonging to a guy who I deal with at work, and another that is a friend of a work colleague.

Then plenty of others locally over a larger radius that I know through the PSCUK and here.

Agree with this. I know of 4 locally and the owners aren't on any forums.

Oh, and nice thread miles, looking forward to seeing this minted up.

Edited by Edp

Daviewonder

I went to pick up some parts in Fareham from someone who advertised in the local Friday Ad as breaking a 205 gti. When I got there he had 12 on his drive and several 309s. Whatever part I asked for he said he didn't want to take it off the car as it's a shame to break it. All the cars were rotten with holes the size of your fist all over them and hadn't moved in years/decades.

He offered me a cracked reflective rear panel for £400!!!

I believe he was a hoarder and the Council may have asked him to thin out his fleet, hence the advertising but not selling.

dale205mills

I went to pick up some parts in Fareham from someone who advertised in the local Friday Ad as breaking a 205 gti. When I got there he had 12 on his drive and several 309s. Whatever part I asked for he said he didn't want to take it off the car as it's a shame to break it. All the cars were rotten with holes the size of your fist all over them and hadn't moved in years/decades.

He offered me a cracked reflective rear panel for £400!!!

I believe he was a hoarder and the Council may have asked him to thin out his fleet, hence the advertising but not selling.

it is not the bloke near fareham college with all white 205 gti's on E reg's in his front garden, if it is the bloke is a dreamer :D​

Daviewonder

I believe it is. It was a good few years back now. I seem to recall it was a left turn off the main drag near the college. Quite nice houses then you saw his with rotting 205's all over the place. The driveway was to the right of the house as you face it.

Miles

She now has a shine back

Thats about it for a good 6 months due to other projects but at least I know the paint is acceptable, Not show winning but it keeps the car orginal

Rear_zpsbe3b32a0.jpg

Roof_zps0dc23490.jpg

Wing_zpsb3737629.jpg

Side_zpsac733240.jpg

jackherer

That towbar needs to go :P

Reebmit

Looking good Miles, its good to see some original ones without heaps of 2 pack and body kits. I reckon this will be well worth the effort... good catching up today, bumper perfect, thanks.