• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daniel306

Alloy Radiator Or Nissens

allye

Niseens are alloys, can't go wrong with them, however the cheaper ones work just as good, I have used both, no difference really!

Harni

Niseens are alloys, can't go wrong with them, however the cheaper ones work just as good, I have used both, no difference really!

You say that but i did find a noticeable difference when changing from a no brand alloy one to a Nissens on my GTi6. The cheap one was virtually new but was leaking from the lower pipe joint so had to replace it and it did run much cooler and cooled down a lot quicker when it did get hot in traffic.

allye

Fair enough! There is always going to better ones and s*it ones. Moral of the story here though is you really can't go wrong with a Nissens, for that price you can't moan either.

Harni

Fair enough! There is always going to better ones and s*it ones. Moral of the story here though is you really can't go wrong with a Nissens, for that price you can't moan either.

Yeah exactly. Buy cheap, buy twice.

welshpug

Old one was probably shot...

farmer

Can still get Valeo ones as well !

Miles

Well not really true alloy, some very cheap version of it, You can tell I know various metals well, I use the Nissen look a-likes with the drain plug, so far so good.

camgti

Can we please refer to ''Alloy' as aluminum.

The word Alloy can be any metal or a blend of. It is not a short name for aluminum.

Sorry to be official, it may lead to mis information and confusion down the track.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alloy

Most of us know its a colloquial word, just making sure there's no confusion.

Cam

stef205

i have use one of those in the past the quality is good, and im sure wes is still using one in his.

Tom Fenton

Can we please refer to ''Alloy' as aluminum.

The word Alloy can be any metal or a blend of. It is not a short name for aluminum.

Sorry to be official, it may lead to mis information and confusion down the track.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alloy

Most of us know its a colloquial word, just making sure there's no confusion.

Cam

The radiators are not pure aluminium as although it is very light and a reasonable conductor of heat, it's engineering properties are not that great as a pure metal. They are an aluminium alloy.

• Like 1

allye

The radiators are not pure aluminium as although it is very light and a reasonable conductor of heat, it's engineering properties are not that great as a pure metal. They are an aluminium alloy.

Sit down Cam! :lol:

camgti

Haha,

Cool. Just tied my horse up.

Glad we're all on the same page then... Silly me assuming your talking about aluminum radiators and referring to them as Alloy!

Sitting down next to the horse now.

Cam