• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JR20516V

2.0 Turbo Conversion Starting Problem -Immobiliser Maybe?

JR20516V

I am 98% there with this conversion....all fluids are in.Nearly all wired up ready to start her for the first time....exciting moment !!

So i prime the fuel pump....all good so far and then as soon as i turn the key the fuel cuts off. I have power and earth to the ECU but no spark or injector pulse. What could be the problem ?

Initially we followed the procedure for de- immobilising and once we did we started the motor to check and then disconnected the battery. [that was 6 months ago ]

We are thinking the immobiliser has reactivated somehow....so my question is....how do i get around this now or are there other things that it could be. To me it all points to the ECU/immobiliser in my opinion but could be wrong.

In this country i cannot run down to a handy wreckers to source another one as the Xantia CT is a rare bird here. There are lots of MP3.2 computers in wreckers here however they are all for NA cars.

Any tips most welcome :}

JR20516V

Great Info Damian....really appreciate it. I will try those avenues....meanwhile anybody else got an idea ?

NFS

Hi, i had an issue with mine a couple of weeks ago, no fuel and no spart, it was the brown double relay in the engine bay was stopping power getting to the igniton amp. if the immobiliser isnt the problem give this a go.

JR20516V

Thx Tristan....will check that out too.

JR20516V

Hi Damien,

It seems i have now come to a big decision.....go an expensive aftermarket ECU or send mine to somebody to remove the immobiliser as you did. This is the preferred method.

Can you give me any tips on who to send it to....somebody reliable. Or ...can i buy one outright already done ?

Maybe somebody on this forum can do it also is another thought.?