• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Batfink

405 Hubs On Mt 205

Guest Batfink

well Ive found someone who has built full coilover setups on peugouts so Im getting him to sort mine out :o

He will be fitting customised 405 hubs onto tubular wishbones on the front but I need serious stopping power. What brakes can I fit. Can I get gti-6 calipers and disks on?

Miles

With the 405 frt hubs you can fit the Brembo 406 calipers no problems at all :o

Guest Batfink

ohh sounds good. What do I need for that conversion and what size alloys will I have to run?

Miles

You will just need 16" wheels and some new brake lines at the front, Easy as that

Guest Batfink

so I will need the calipers, disks and what else from the donor car. How much will it cost from a scrappy???

Will I need the 406 yokes or whatever those spacer things are called

Miles

Parts List

1. 406 Master Cyn 2 or 4 outlet

2. Frt Calipers

3. Frt Disc's

4. New braded Brake lines to the Calipers

5. Caliper bolts

6. Decent set of pads

Thats it :rolleyes:

I would also add a Bias Valve to adust your frt to rear brake balance around £100.00 for a good AP one.

Guest JwTvH

can you mount forward 405 hubs on a 205gti? or do you have to adjust something? and what?

Guest Batfink

Im getting some custom tubular wishbones with the pickup points on the front struts modified for improved roll centre location with the low ride height. Dunno why the guy uses custom 405 items though. He just does!

Deadliest Pug

MILEs, sell me some bloody T-16 alloys so I can fit those on my you bugger :rolleyes:

Dave!

Guest JwTvH
Im getting some custom tubular wishbones with the pickup points on the front struts modified for improved roll centre location with the low ride height. Dunno why the guy uses custom 405 items though. He just does!

What did he adjust to the 405 hubs? and what shafts do u use?

do you have a picture of the curstom turbular wishbones? wondering how they look like..

Edited by JwTvH

Guest Batfink

I havent saved enough to get anything yet as they will be doing about a grands worth of work to the rear suspension too!!

Dunno what they modify but it will allow adjustment of the toe in

I will be getting it fitted after christmas so no doubt I will post pictures :D

The standard driveshafts will be able to be used. Dunno if this is one of the modifications though!

Guest Batfink

Er ive been told the 406 is 5 stud. Isnt the 405 4 stud? So how do I fit the disks!!!

Guest JwTvH

405 and 406 are both 4 stud. 605 and 607 and 307 are 5 stud.

that's why the wheels of a 406 fits so easy on a 205. (mostly same wheels as 206, only don't need spacers as you need if you where using 206 wheels on the 205).

So 406 brakes aren't that big of a problem, but the brembo's are.

Sign in to follow this