• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DC2T

B18C6 Powered 205 Dimma

DC2T

ah sorry, just outlets to relieve crankcase pressure. Run them to a catch tank, then return to sump

DC2T

Slightly better answer, i just know i needed them lol

Engine Breathers
Also, oil leaks in a turbocharger may be the result of the crankcase breather system. Either atmospheric or positive ventilation systems may not be large enough to handle the somewhat higher "blow by" which exists in turbocharged engines. It is recommended that the engines breather capacity be increased when a turbocharger is added. Even when the systems capacity is adequate, the elements in the systems breather will become partially clogged through use. Also, the breather may become clogged with mud or sludge in winter or under snowy and icy conditions. These conditions will cause positive pressure to build up in the crankcase. If this occurs, it will restrict the oil from flowing down the drain hose and into the crankcase, causing it to back up to the bearing housing.

rallyeash

Want to make another pair for some monies?!

allanallen

Slightly better answer, i just know i needed them lol

Engine Breathers

Also, oil leaks in a turbocharger may be the result of the crankcase breather system. Either atmospheric or positive ventilation systems may not be large enough to handle the somewhat higher "blow by" which exists in turbocharged engines. It is recommended that the engines breather capacity be increased when a turbocharger is added. Even when the systems capacity is adequate, the elements in the systems breather will become partially clogged through use. Also, the breather may become clogged with mud or sludge in winter or under snowy and icy conditions. These conditions will cause positive pressure to build up in the crankcase. If this occurs, it will restrict the oil from flowing down the drain hose and into the crankcase, causing it to back up to the bearing housing.

I'd take that with a slight pinch of salt.

I'm guessing they're well baffled on the inside to stop it throwing all the oil into your catch tank?

DC2T

Yeh theres internal baffles in the top too

DC2T

Want to make another pair for some monies?!

Im all for making money, but they arnt my machines im afraid and im sure work would frown down upon me for using their tools, machines and time to knock them up to sell lol. If and when i get my own machines ill be knocking out allsorts :P