• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
IOWGENTRY

Im Back In Style, Hi Everyone!

IOWGENTRY

I've been away from the world of GTI Drivers for a good few years, but am glad to say I have returned in style,

Some of you may remember me from ages ago as I've had a fair few 205 Gentry's including 2 Sorrento ones and 4 Aztec gold ones and 1 205 GTI 1.9 Automatic in Graphite Grey.....

I must say I've always had a soft spot for 205's, and was rather gutted when I got rid of any of the 205's I had especially the 205 GTI Automatic (many of you know - only 10 where brought to the UK) after Japan didn't want the order.......... There loss our gain!!!!! :)

I am disabled hence needing an Automatic!!!!!! I always promised myself if any 205 Gentry or GTI Auto came up, Id sell my soul to buy one, just to get in to a 205 again..............

Well.................................................

I decided to start keeping my eye out for any Gentry as I didn't think Id find a 205 GTI Automatic in a million years as I checked the Howmanyleft website and there was only 3..... :( 2 sorn and 1 registered on road...............

After a good year or so I found a 205 GTI automatic....:) one of the 3 remaining in the UK...... so so HAPPY and cant believe my luck.... Told you I was back with style.....

This Will be my project thread ......

Some of you may know this vehicle, If you do????? any info would be great On a K plate.....BKV

Happy to be back!!!!!

Cheers Phill

post-7646-0-05355100-1386881431_thumb.jpg

post-7646-0-25722100-1386881445_thumb.jpg

post-7646-0-20904200-1386881459_thumb.jpg

post-7646-0-76804700-1386881475_thumb.jpg

post-7646-0-63719500-1386881498_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

BusEngineer

Another member... mick3pugs, has an immaculate 205 GTi Auto, that'll be the roadworthy one on howmanyleft!! Good luck with your project

IOWGENTRY

I best save this one too then :)

iPlod999

I have K967 BKV.

DSC_0424.jpg

Nice buy!

Looking forward to the project thread.

IOWGENTRY

Amazing pic but that's not mine just realized!!!! wrong numbers 1 digit out lol

Edited by IOWGENTRY

IOWGENTRY

TIDY!!!!

AUTO?

iPlod999

It was but someone somewhere took it out.

BE3 manual now.

Along with the air con. :(

Stu

Booooo!!!1

Ive just emailed the seller on Pistonheads about this car, didnt realise it'd already sold!!

Still, glad you're a member, and its getting put back on the road :)

IOWGENTRY

It was but someone somewhere took it out.

BE3 manual now.

Along with the air con. :(

Shame its been changed :( but looks nice :)

Booooo!!!1

Ive just emailed the seller on Pistonheads about this car, didnt realise it'd already sold!!

Still, glad you're a member, and its getting put back on the road :)

I will look after her shes on 85k too :)

IOWGENTRY

Hi Everyone .....

Just a quick update, The headgasket was well a truly past it............. I got the bonnet up in the rain lol with MADPRO and removed the spark plugs.....GLUG GLUG GLUG and flooded instantly with water.

Worst gasket fail we've ever seen..... What GASKET!!!!!! LOL

Even the metal rings on the gasket was split!!!!!

Pics of the head..... Pitted!!!

DSC_0067_zpsed12c9f4.jpg

DSC_0066_zps4d953dda.jpg

DSC_0065_zps493a266d.jpg

DSC_0064_zpsac718b93.jpg

So this not being very good, have found a better head....... which is on the way!!!!!

Will update soon.

Edited by IOWGENTRY

Miles

Don't forget the 105 engine heads are different to the rest of the XU ones, Very large chambers and smaller valves, Use a GTi type and the compression will be too high

IOWGENTRY

Found a webpage all about it, yes the heads are different and yes it will create higher compression but it wont be too high!!!! Just means compression will be higher than the DFZ 105 head........ like the D6B.... or so I was informed...... Will report back any issues.

Miles

You don;t get flat top pistons in any 1.6 or 1.9 so the compression is lower, Trust me it will be too much

Henry Yorke

I think it is similar to the 405 SRI head isn't it? I may know where there is a full engine for one of these if you get stuck, but it isn't just a head.

I also read that it was possible to put a GTI head on but I think you need to change the ECU setup as the Jetronic wouldn't like it. I did look into this years ago to get more power, but went the turbo route instead.

Miles

It does go on but you need to retard the ignition something silly for any load, OK if you keep the engine spinning up in the rev's but that's it, You need 99 Ron fuel as a min as well.

Not sure on the SRi head chamber size.

iPlod999

Found a webpage all about it, yes the heads are different and yes it will create higher compression but it wont be too high!!!! Just means compression will be higher than the DFZ 105 head........ like the D6B.... or so I was informed...... Will report back any issues.

What was the web page. I wouldn't mind having a read.

IOWGENTRY

What was the web page. I wouldn't mind having a read.

Will try and find link later and send it to you or leave on here...

• Like 1

IOWGENTRY

Been a while since last update.

Decided to find a DFZ head which Miles helped with. was nice to meet him, So took a trip down to Miles to pick up head and a battery.

Then straight to Woodmill Engineering in Southampton - amazing bunch of lads, skimmed head within an hour for £30 cash. :)

DSC_0013_zps12463848.jpg

Few marks but NOT pitted what so ever!!!! Well pleased.

Also came in to some money about £1000 so brought everything to fix 205 and some........

• Cambelt kit (Bracket type)
  • Genuine head gasket
  • Both exhaust gaskets and inlet gasket
  • Sump gasket
  • sump key set
  • Head bolts
  • Waterpump
  • Battery
  • Copper fuel pipe 5m
  • pipe bender
  • Flaring tool kit
  • Rear washer
  • Headlight
  • Tax disc holder (GTI one) lol

Thats a few bits to get on with but due to the crap weather progress has been slow......

Will update soon....

Phill

Edited by IOWGENTRY

Miles

That head's come up very well and good to meet up with you.

One tip thou is that alloy sumps don;t use gaskets, big no no only high quality sealant

IOWGENTRY

Not sure if my sump is alloy? Just out of interest anyway why is it a big no no using a gasket????

Slo

When you tighten up the bolts the sump will bend round the bolt heads leaving areas between that are not as compressed and leave a high risk of leakage (heat expansion etc), whereas sealant will fill all the nooks and crannys.

Miles

If it's got a AC pump on there still the sump will be Alloy, Sump gaskets are just used on Tin sump's with no sealant thou allot of people still use both

johniban

put a magnet to it , if it doesnt stick its alloy