• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Schumi

Xud9/dw10 Crankshaft Versions

Schumi

Hello Everyone.

I give up about insistence of 8 counterweight crankshaft. So I will use XUD9 / DW10 crankshaft.

As everyone know thats the part code of this crankshaft is 0501.K7 and casting number is 430 .

But when I looking crankshafts in eBay for pictures there is some of version like 430-AZ1 or 430-51C.

This one looking weird. 430-51C and out from old 406 2.0 HDI. RHY / RHZ Engine Code.

Price is more expensive then other one 160£.

$T2eC16d,!yME9s5qIF2OBR+7wWc2jw~~60_12.J

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/407-406-307-607-XSARA-VITARA-RHZ-2-0-HDI-CRANKSHAFT-43051C-/111137134572?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3APeugeot&hash=item19e04a17ec

Also this one coming from new 407 2.0 HDI. Engine Code is RHR / RHK. Price is lower than previous one 130£.

430-AZ1 code and looks much more smoother casting and finished surface.

$T2eC16d,!)8E9s4l8iBEBSOGThi2uw~~60_12.J

$T2eC16hHJHMFHBE4DsldBSOGTnv69w~~60_12.J

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-407-CITROEN-C4-CRANKSHAFT-2-0-HDI-RHR-RHK-430AZ1-/380721522115?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3APeugeot&hash=item58a4c565c3

So question is which one is better and lighter. I will not buy crankshaft from eBay.

I will buy from my country.

Regards.

Edited by Schumi

brumster

I know someone who might know... bear with me... I'll ask him. He remanufactures these engines for Volvo and sees these cranks all the time.

edit: at a guess, the first one isn't forged looking at the finishing. The latter is from a higher-output DW10 and looks like a forged crank. The first doesn't. I'd be plumping for the latter I think. But I'll ask around and see if I can get the answer on crank casting codes.

Edited by brumster

welshpug

They're all the same part number, 0501 K7, even the 16v, the XUD9 doesn't use one, just the XUD9TE.

The XUD7T used the same one too (but not the non turbo variant), there are differences in the way the main bearing journal is cut but the bearings are the same, I think this was changed mid 96.

welshpug

p.s, you'll also find the DW10 in many fords, also Volvo used them, I think Ford make them in Sweden at the moment, as well as Peugeot in France.

Schumi

Yea I forget that extension code of XUD9. It will be XUD9TE as you said. Now I will go to scrapyard to look some crankshafts. But I will not buy know until sure which one is better.

Is anyone knows weight of forged DW10 cranks.

Edited by Schumi
  • Like 1

Schumi

Anyone didnt know that ?

Schumi

Is this topic under wrong section ? Maybe its has to be under XU Engine ?

petert

Unless someone cuts each one open and does a macro analysis, you're never going to know which is better. I'd probably go with the 430-AZ1 only because of surface finish. Any is going to be stronger than a cast crank.

Schumi

Hello All.

I just found a brand new - unused crankshaft from e local seller. The seller told me this is genuine one from France but I think this is not genuine. Maybe it could be from France but I think this one is aftermarket one and looking just steel instead of forged steel. Color is weird. What is your opinion.

Y4b0H3sh.jpg

qSLk8quh.jpg

a4QBqosh.jpg​

welshpug

does not look "new" to me, I would be concerned about the corrosion on it.

Schumi

It's new. Just not stored in good conditions. This is one of brand new crankshaft. Just picked up random from shelf. But why this is yellowish. :)

stu8v

Looks like a protective anti corrosion coating to me?

Schumi

Looks like a protective anti corrosion coating to me?

It could be but I never saw any colored coating on crankshaft. 2 months ago I was a Fiat sparepart warehouse and all crankshafts black counterweights and silver bearings side.

B1ack_Mi16

So take a pic of the parting line so we can see if it is forged or cast then.

Not easy to see from those pics.

Schumi

I talk with seller again. He said it's coated from protection. He is instinct on that is genuine.

But price is almost 250£ and I think this price impossible for genuine crankshaft. Maybe it's Chinese made.

Schumi

Anyone knows weight of XUD9 / DW10 forged crankshafts ?

welshpug

circa 15 kilos, haven't got a means to measure the weight any more accurately than that unfortunately.

Schumi

I asked exact weight to an ebay seller.

Willem_Jacobs

the color in the above photo is a anti corrosive wax based coating.... it can easily be removed using brake-cleaner....

PSA engine parts are not coated in any special coating (except for the exterior of cast-iron engine castings themselves...

brumster

I talk with seller again. He said it's coated from protection. He is instinct on that is genuine.

But price is almost 250£ and I think this price impossible for genuine crankshaft. Maybe it's Chinese made.

Believe me, I know what forged cranks are new in the business, and he's making plenty of profit on that £250 ;)

Schumi

@brumster

Did you have a change for asking friend of you for forged crankshafts?

brumster

Not sure I understand your question - he said the difference was probably just down to who manufactured them.