• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sub205

Xu10J2: Complete Overhaul And Larger Throttle Body

sub205

Hello, just wanted to show you my work on my XU10J2-engine (had a thread here several years ago about it and the dyno results) As i throw away the old gti chassis 3 years ago i had this engine running in a 405 for about one year, now the 405 is out of usage and i wanted to make this engine ready for my new 205 gti. I closed every hole in the engine and gave it a good sandblast. After that i repainted the block in camouflage-aluminum-look and reworked nearly every visible part. :-) A new timing belt, tensioner and a XU10J4RS throttle body, finished. Also optimized the air flow into the head a little bit and replaced the stock bolts with arp ones. Oh, and i moved the oil dipstick from front to back. As the XU9JAZ has it... I'm keen on seeing the performance of this engine with the modifications, unfortunately i have to wait till april 2014, seasonal license ....

post-7625-0-49157500-1385297247_thumb.jpg

post-7625-70604_thumb.jpg

Edited by sub205
  • Like 1

Jolly Green Monster

Looks nice. What size if the throttle body ?

sub205

I don't have the measurings in memory, i'll check it tomorrow. Its a normal GTI6-throttle. Nothing special.

sub205

It's a license plate in germany with which you can drive your car only several months per year.

In my case its 4 - 10 (april till october), i only can drive my car in this range, the rest of the year it has to be outside of the public traffic.

And i only have to pay taxes and insurance for this months.

Edited by sub205

Gavin Waddell

What are the benefits of a larger throttle body. Is it a direct swap from the standard gti? I have always wondered if the standard one was restrictive or not ( guessing it depends if you have any engine mods)

Gavin

sub205

As this engine already did 157bhp on a slightly larger throttle (compared to the stock DKZ one, imho 1-2mm more) i thought it would be a good idea to use a bit larger one from the gti6 (i had one laying around), good for stock-engine with 163/167bhp.

You can imagine that a throttle from a stock-engine designed for 121bhp may be a limiting factor in a modified engine.

And no, its not a 1:1 swap, i had to use a 1cm thick aluminum block and build an adaptor.

Daniel306

I was thinking about this with mine, but it did make 265hp on the orignal 1.9 manifold and throttle

sub205

Yes, but surely not without forced breathing ;-)