• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

Poor Idle And Rough Driving Slow

driversdomainuk

Hi

I have looked on the forum but cant really find an answer...Basically my 205 has a poor idle, and also is very jerky when off throttle at low speeds, in traffic, navigating a roundabout etc....However, when on full throttle the acceleration is fine with no jerks...

Thought it could be TPS issue, but would not that also cause poor acceleration too?

Thanks

Rob

welshpug

TPS is just a switch, not a potentiometer.

I've found tired engine mounts contribute to this kangarooing feeling, also tired afm's do not help.

Rjuhar

I've the same question - jerky when doing 30, goes OK til about 100 and than it gets jerky again. Also the rev needle twiches when the jerks appear... Maybe I should make a video about it which I will if it will help diagnose the problem. So far I have changed AFM with a known working one (which I have paid through the nose thinking it was new but was refurbed), changed the coil with new one, changed the plugs. What pisses me off is that before we took the car apart it was working fine and now it's not. I have bought a new bosch fuel pump (which I again paid through the nose) but am hesitating to swap because I don't feel I have checked all there is before changing the pump.

Any ideas?

Slo

air leaks, bad wiring, shorting out alternator, piece of string the list goes on