• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mastakilla

Exhaust: From Manifold To Backbox, Questions

mastakilla

Hi! I have ordered a TA technix 4-2-1 stainless manifold, I now have to order the center section and back box to suit.

My car is a 1.9 ph1 with the earlier type of exhaust, and I would like to upgrade everything to the ph2 olive fit system.

From what I have understood, the TA manifold includes the downpipe so I only need the center section and back box, right?

In the website that I usually use for buying parts I have narrowed down the search to these items:

- center section

- back box

And one more thing, maybe someone who bought the same TA manifold can answer: does it come with a new gasket, studs and copper nuts or do these items have to be bought from pug?

Many thanks

welshpug

If you want to use the later phase2 2 piece system you'll need to cut the downpipe part off as it is welded to the centre silencer, though leave around 4-500mm attached to the centre silencer, exactly how much depends how long the ta manifold is.

The one linked to above is either incorrect or has the wrong picture.

mastakilla

Thanks welshpug, I guess I'll have to wait for the manifold to arrive before ordering other parts then

mastakilla

Hi wicked! I was not aware of this company, many thanks for the link!

They seem to have good stuff, however I am a bit concerned about homologation and noise of these stainless systems, that's why I'm going the OEM route.

Unfortunately in Italy there's no way of replacing something on a car with performance parts unless you are willing to risk car seizure every time you go out for a ride...I'll call their distributor for italy though and hear what they say.

mastakilla

Of course, gpN stuff can be used on the road only during a race in which you are competing, and only limited to some precise roads which you have to communicate in advance to the pi..authorities taking a time limited permission.