• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Schumi

88 Stroke Oem Forged Crankshaft ?

Batfink

What cams are you using to rev it that high? Sounds like they will be very peaky. Look at what people like sandy have been building. 8k is still high

GilesW

Have you ever had a high power na engine?

I have built them and run them (with help from others and experts).

277bhp at 8750.

That next 750 is not likely to get you any usable power and just lead to a compromised build that does not deliver a carcpackage you are likely to want.

Schumi

Our most powerful EW10 engine 206 GTI with 250 on Rolling Road. Rev limiter 8750. Peak power is around 8200. I think you misunderstand me. When I mean 9000-9500 I'm not pointing the peak power should be at that revs. It's hard to explain but in our racing term at some (alot of time) condition I have to rev 600-700 rpm more over peak power. Yes I know power figures dropping after peak power but I cant shift when conditions didnt meet that but also I dont want to hit limiter.

So this is my mistake. When I saying I need to rev 9000-9500 this is will be my rev limiter. Not target peak power rpm. Just it has to be rev that rpm without loosing huge power and within losing to much healty and reliable.

Edited by Schumi

welshpug

if you build it right you will have torque when you shift at peak power and not need to take it that high in the rpm ever.

IIRC Sandy's EW5 does not go that high and produced circa 220 bhp, on a standard XU5 non forged 4 counterweight crank.

Schumi

if you build it right you will have torque when you shift at peak power and not need to take it that high in the rpm ever.

IIRC Sandy's EW5 does not go that high and produced circa 220 bhp, on a standard XU5 non forged 4 counterweight crank.

As I said it's hard to explain another one which why I and all of another my friends need late shift in sometimes. At the magic word here is "sometimes". Please dont as details about that I dont want to give much detail.

Edited by jackherer

Schumi

Hello again.

Does anyone know weight of DW10 forged crankshaft with 4 counter. :)

IRISH_MI16

Just to clarify. Does the dw10 crank fit in the xu9j4