• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
14PUG

Security Code - Peugeot / Clarion Radio Cassette Advice Wanted Please.

14PUG

I have the security code for my original Clarion cassette player (see pic). Its 8 digits long but I’ve forgotten how to re-enter it. I vaguely remember you need to use something like the last 4 or 5 digits? whilst pressing and holding certain buttons in a certain sequence. Anyone able to help put me right?

By the way; anyone know if these old analogue radios will eventually stop working as digital takes over?

Thanks

post-24148-0-94456000-1383247374_thumb.jpg

14PUG

Thanks Rams_gti6. Do you happen know how many digits the code should be? From (hazy) memory, I believe it should only be the last 4 or 5 from the main 8 digit number??

Rams_gti6

Not sure mines 4 digits presume they all are. Welshpug will pop up soon with the answer, just sit tight ha

14PUG

Lol. Thanks Rams. I guess 4 may be the right number as there are 4 digits showing on the display (see pic).

Rams_gti6

Yeah it's 4 mate my code is 4525 just looked in my manual! Hope no one steals my clarion! Lol

Edited by Rams_gti6

14PUG

Oki Doki. Thanks.

14PUG

A ha. I've noticed in the middle of my string of 8 numbers is a consecutive run of 4 which are between 1 and 5. As the number buttons on the radio only go up to 5, I guess its these 4 numbers which make up the security code. I shall try these tomorrow!

Davy

A ha. I've noticed in the middle of my string of 8 numbers is a consecutive run of 4 which are between 1 and 5. As the number buttons on the radio only go up to 5, I guess its these 4 numbers which make up the security code. I shall try these tomorrow!

I cant imagine the code would be that obvious. I'll be sick if it is tho because I spent about 2 hours typing in codes in sequence to get mine working. Dont tell me it was staring me in the face all this time! :blink:

If it is the code then as above, type it in and hold BND. If it's correct the radio comes on (funnily enough!) and if it's incorrect the screen should go blank again. There's no limit to how many attempts you get, i.e it wont 'lock you out'.

So, time for a thread hijack... :ph34r:

My cars previous owner wisely kept the original radio, however he cut both looms off just to splice them into the replacement cd player which he then sold on (why he couldnt just spend £3 on a cable I dont know!). I've managed to get it wired so that it comes on, keeps it's memory and all speakers work, but there's a couple of wires spare, and it also warms up a lot (compared to any other head unit anyway). So I've stuck it back on the shelf for fear of setting the car alight.

If anyone out there could confirm which wires go to which pins it would be a great help.

So, looking at this picture, top row pins from left to right being 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 then bottom row left to right being 8,9,10, (space), 11,12,13.

post-23575-0-67423100-1383293292_thumb.jpg

Would anyone be able to put a pin number beside the following list of colours?

Grey/Red

White/Green

White/Red

White

Grey

Grey/Green

Black

Red

Blue

White/Blue

Here's a reference picture of the two groups of wires.

post-23575-0-09663600-1383293616_thumb.jpg

I also believe some pins may be bridged with small pieces of wire too so which pins are bridged?

Apologies again for the hijack, but perhaps others could benefit too.

Edited by Davy

14PUG

Arrgh. Davy – You are right. It was indeed not that simple! Looks like I may have to work through all the possible radio code combinations! Anyone have a list of 4 digit combinations of numbers from 1-5 ??

Davy – Do you have the same radio as mine (see pic). If so, whilst I’m not knowledgeable on wiring, I will gladly pull my radio out of the dash and take some pics of the wiring for you if that will help.

Jolly Green Monster

I remember in mid nineties going through the combinations on a car I bought (309gri) as didnt know code lol

Davy

I made up an excel sheet with the codes grouped into a sensible fashion. You might be lucky and get your code early on, otherwise you may want to treat yourself to a few beers / cups of tea to get though it. I cant see any way of attaching it in a PM (pretty new on here myself, so maybe missing something). If you PM me your email address I'll email it to you.?

Thats the same radio as mine Geoff and all I'd need is a pin number beside each wire in the list above, along with which pin numbers (if any) are bridged. :)

ORB

Put it in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer over night :)

Jolly Green Monster

Thought that was to unbuckle bmx mag wheels :)

Edited by Jolly Green Monster

14PUG

Put it in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer over night :)

Whattt? So that's why they call it ICE then :blink:

14PUG

Davy,

I've tried to attach some pics showing the wiring but the forum says the files are too big.

If you PM me your e mail address I will wiz them over to you.

MikeC

The analogue will not be shutting down at all. That only applied to tv.

A radio repair shop should be able to decode it for you for about a fiver, and they might give you the sequence to switching off the code as well.

If not i may be able to help if thats of any help.

205turbo

I have the decoder need to fire up my laptop and install it

14PUG

The analogue will not be shutting down at all. That only applied to tv.

A radio repair shop should be able to decode it for you for about a fiver, and they might give you the sequence to switching off the code as well.

If not i may be able to help if thats of any help.

I have the decoder need to fire up my laptop and install it

Thanks both. All help appreciated.

205turbo

post-17-0-63173300-1383690249_thumb.jpg

Open the back of the radio and send me / post a picture that looks like that

And I will tell you the code

14PUG

Ok. Many thanks. Will pop over to my garage and see if I can get some pics and will PM you.

Thanks

14PUG

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Open the back of the radio and send me / post a picture that looks like that

And I will tell you the code

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for the offer of help. Much appreciated.

I've tried to attached a couple of pics of the inner workings of my radio, however I get an error message stating the files are too big.

Would you be able to PM me with an e mail address I can send them to?

Many thanks

Geoff

Plumber1967

Can you do me a code for this one please

Thanks andrew

post-24228-0-21619600-1389212547_thumb.jpg

mrfirepro

so is that one either

a 2,3 ,4,4

or

a 2,2,3,4

only a guess may be way off